User Panel

Page / 145
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eodinert:

If only your cock were longer.
View Quote

I think he's saying his is actually too big. I feel for him as I deal with this curse every single day. Haha
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By MrPlayer:

I think he's saying his is actually too big. I feel for him as I deal with this curse every single day. Haha
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eodinert:

If only your cock were longer.

Actually if it were shorter, the tip wouldn't stick and would flop around.
If it was a little longer more of the tip would be secure.
Or mod the TW cover to make sure there was Velcro under the whole shaft.
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 4:33:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 11:17:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDS] [#5]
@Mrplayer

Doesn't it give you some kind of mindf***, seeing both the thermal and nv image?, On the setup in your second post.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:05:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: timpryor] [#6]
Action pic from last night.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, first it's a WP tube and I think that helps a lot. It is kinda hard but playing with the brightness levels of both help a lot.
I set the thermal kinda dim and turn up the NV when I want to focus on that and turn it down when I am trying to scan with thermal.
The mind*** is trying to drive with NV and scan with thermal about the side window. Lots of back and forth winking involved. (But still kit as crazy as Cy's moonroof driving/scanning. Lol
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, first it's a WP tube and I think that helps a lot. It is kinda hard but playing with the brightness levels of both help a lot.
I set the thermal kinda dim and turn up the NV when I want to focus on that and turn it down when I am trying to scan with thermal.
The mind*** is trying to drive with NV and scan with thermal about the side window. Lots of back and forth winking involved. (But still kit as crazy as Cy's moonroof driving/scanning. Lol
View Quote

I'm very new to NODS and thermal.
What is the comparable version of thermal to the PVS-14?

Completely jealous of your double wizard eyes btw..
@MrPlayer
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 12:40:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
View Quote

god you take some great photos
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks man. Could have been in focus a little better, but we were out smoking cigars, livestreaming, and having some good safe fun.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:34:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Finally get to post in this thread...

MUM-14A on bridge mount
Norotos RHNO 2 with dovetail adapter
Ops Core bump
Surefire 6P for vis light

I didn't have a super sweet foam head to display my setup, but the wife's tea kettle works in a pinch!

Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:21:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Looking to purchase my first NVG helmet mount for new PVS-14, of these which should I get: Wilcox G24 NVG Mount, Norotos AKA2 Mount, Norotos INVG Mount?
Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 9:32:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Trapshooter50:
Looking to purchase my first NVG helmet mount for new PVS-14, of these which should I get: Wilcox G24 NVG Mount, Norotos AKA2 Mount, Norotos INVG Mount?
Thanks for your help.
View Quote
The Norotos INVG is pretty slick for a PVS 14, especially coupled with the Norotos dual dovetail. 

I really like the way it gives you the ability to stow the PVS 14 so tightly against your helmet when not in use. 

Night Vistion Helmet Mounts - Norotos INVG HMA
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 1:09:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#15]
Originally Posted By terrance250:
The Norotos INVG is pretty slick for a PVS 14, especially coupled with the Norotos dual dovetail. 

I really like the way it gives you the ability to stow the PVS 14 so tightly against your helmet when not in use. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5WtcZmTuYU
View Quote

Yep. Expensive (especially when you factor in the cost of the Norotos Dual Dovetail), but absolutely worth it.

I was rocking a TATM Long arm with a conversion plate. It worked, but the JArm had a lot of wobble. I found the INVG (legacy version with the worm drive for elevation adjustment) for $150 or so off and the Dual dovetail for $50 off. Couldn't pass on those deals. The INVG + DD is rock freaking solid and has a metric poop ton of adjustment range. I LOVE the ability to stow the NOD low and tight to the helmet when it's no longer in use.

Moved the TATM over to the loaner kit where I've had nothing but positive comments.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#16]
You paid way too little for that INVG....

I'm STILL mad about that!
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:16:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#17]
Originally Posted By Doc_Hurley:
You paid way too little for that INVG....

I'm STILL mad about that!
View Quote

@Doc_Hurley
PM sent

A poster in the "anyone buy your IR laser 1st" thread got his ATPIAL-C for $700.

Link Posted: 1/6/2017 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By marvthehamster:
Finally get to post in this thread...

MUM-14A on bridge mount
Norotos RHNO 2 with dovetail adapter
Ops Core bump
Surefire 6P for vis light

I didn't have a super sweet foam head to display my setup, but the wife's tea kettle works in a pinch!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BziKlAKYo2NtSzl4QkFRREl5aEZGaV9nREswaW1ZdkNRS19V/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BziKlAKYo2NtcEhoSF9lellVLU5uQnRZaU1Cc2hnbFRXYXk0/view?usp=sharing
View Quote

Pics not showing up. I'd love to see this setup. I recently acquired the same tube.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:31:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I think I posted the links correctly. Maybe they're not showing up because I don't have 50 posts yet. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:22:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#20]
I think I posted the links correctly. Maybe they're not showing up because I don't have 50 posts yet. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can chime in.
View Quote

They're not working for me either. I think it is because they are links to a Google Drive account.

I'll post them for you

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By sbye:

They're not working for me either. I think it is because they are links to a Google Drive account.

I'll post them for you

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/IMG-0300-121159.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/IMG-0301-121161.JPG
View Quote

Thanks, sbye.

I also tried a test post over in the tech support forum from my photo bucket account. The photo bucket method worked but A mod there confirmed that I needed to get to 50 posts before I can post images without team member approval.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 3:48:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sbye] [#22]

Thanks, sbye.

I also tried a test post over in the tech support forum from my photo bucket account. The photo bucket method worked but A mod there confirmed that I needed to get to 50 posts before I can post images without team member approval.
View Quote

Yeah that does happen, but usually the pictures are visible to Team Members and they can approve them. In this case they were not visible and I think it is because of the Google Drive account.

Here is how it showed up for me
Attachment Attached File

To keep the thread on track:
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By sbye:

Yeah that does happen, but usually the pictures are visible to Team Members and they can approve them. In this case they were not visible and I think it is because of the Google Drive account.

Here is how it showed up for me
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/Screenshot-2017-01-07-14-44-54-1-121338.JPG

To keep the thread on track:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/260726/20170102-141426-121340.JPG
View Quote

Good info, thanks for clarifying. Back to regularly scheduled programming....

I like the rhno 2 coupled with a bridge in that in gives me all the adjustability I need but a mount that stowed the nvgs closer to the helmet would definitely be nice, especially with binos. I'm sure I'll be adding a counterweight soon, which should help balance things out. Now the search for another budget tube begins so I can fill the empty slot on that bridge!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#24]

Runnin a buddies WP pvs 15's
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Finally have everything the way I want it now
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: carmodyh] [#26]

Apologies on asking this question if you have addressed it previously, but what is your helmet and suspension system again? Looks like you could wear that for 12 hours straight and have no issue. Thanks!

EDIT: Oh wait, your second picture is showing now and I see its a Crye airframe... is that pad system stock? As far as ballistic helmets go, I am between an Ops Core, Crye Airframe, and Hard Head Veterans ATE helmet.... although im skeptical on the HHV ATE backface deformation and outsourced parts... would rather just pay the extra money for a solid product
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 11:44:00 AM EDT
[#27]
No problem! It's a "4D Tactical Zero G DELUXE Retrofit Combat Liner" pad set from TNVC and a TW cam fit suspension system. The helmet, straps, and pads combined together makes for the most comfortable helemt I've ever worn. I haven't worn it for more than 6 hours at a time yet but so far I'm very impressed with each part of it. I have zero complaints or issues with any of it.

As a side note, having the two piece helmet design really does make a difference for a hot head like me

I definitely recommend the Crye Airframe!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Team wendy bump helmet that I haven't gotten around to replacing yet (I like the snowboard-style tightening knob at the back too much), with dual PVS14s in a MOD armory bridge attached to a Rhino II mount via some cobbling together of parts. I replaced the bayonet socket with a dovetail replacement that's for a Notoros AKA2 mount (they're a direct fit to the cheaper Rhino II if you want a more solid mount than bayonet style but don't want to buy the whole blasted thing over again).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 8:16:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: contax_shooter] [#30]
I have a Norotos Rhino II mount, can someone recommend a J-Arm that works with this for a PVS-14? The one I have only works on the supplied skull crusher and will not engage the lock with the Norotos.

Using the Norotos dovetail system now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 10:58:26 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Ozymandiaz:
Team wendy bump helmet that I haven't gotten around to replacing yet (I like the snowboard-style tightening knob at the back too much), with dual PVS14s in a MOD armory bridge attached to a Rhino II mount via some cobbling together of parts. I replaced the bayonet socket with a dovetail replacement that's for a Notoros AKA2 mount (they're a direct fit to the cheaper Rhino II if you want a more solid mount than bayonet style but don't want to buy the whole blasted thing over again).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398541/BNVD-125011.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398541/BNVD-Front-125012.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398541/BNVD-Stowed-Front-125013.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/398541/BNVD-stowed-Side-125014.JPG
View Quote

How much do your duals weigh including the bridge mount?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't have a smaller scale around, but the mod armory bridge is supposedly 5oz plus the pvs14s which I'd guess is a bit over 1lb for both together? I'm going to order one of the tnvc Mohawk counterweight holders, seems like 1lb in counterweight plus a couple spare batteries would take care of balancing things out on my noggin. There's lighter bridges out there for dual tubes but aside from dropping $1k on a Wilcox bridge the mod armory d14 seemed like the best adjustability to me and I wanted the quick disconnect to hand off a nvd to someone easily.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:30:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#33]
Originally Posted By Ozymandiaz:
I don't have a smaller scale around, but the mod armory bridge is supposedly 5oz plus the pvs14s which I'd guess is a bit over 1lb for both together? I'm going to order one of the tnvc Mohawk counterweight holders, seems like 1lb in counterweight plus a couple spare batteries would take care of balancing things out on my noggin. There's lighter bridges out there for dual tubes but aside from dropping $1k on a Wilcox bridge the mod armory d14 seemed like the best adjustability to me and I wanted the quick disconnect to hand off a nvd to someone easily.
View Quote

gotcha,

I figured the setup would be closer to 30oz or so.  Build up some mod-3s if you want modularity and maybe something lighter?

I've been waiting on the dtnvg housings to hit the market so I could upgrade from my sentinels.  Not a single housing is available to the public stateside that I am aware of yet though.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#34]
For those of you who run lights on your helmet, what lights do you usually go with?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 3:47:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Couch-Commando:
For those of you who run lights on your helmet, what lights do you usually go with?
View Quote

Energizer hardcase
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 7:47:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: night9] [#36]
View Quote

Surefire M1, Princeton Tec MPLS switch, Manta IR / green strobe
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Solarforce L2M with IR P60 drop in (runs on 18650)
Princetontec MPLS charge red/white
Chinese IR/green strobe
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 10:33:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Surefire HL1-B-TN, they're a bit of a pain to adapt to a team Wendy type helmet if that's what you already have (adapters and/or small section of rail) but easy on an ops core.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DallasLooterShooter:

Solarforce L2M with IR P60 drop in (runs on 18650)
Princetontec MPLS charge red/white
Chinese IR/green strobe
View Quote

Who makes IR drop ins?
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 1:45:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DallasLooterShooter] [#40]
Originally Posted By spunk:

Who makes IR drop ins?
View Quote

You can find Chinese IR drop ins on eBay for about $13.  I know they are typically dismissed as junk, but mine hasn't failed me yet and I've been using it since 2009.

Link to eBay search w/ IR drop ins
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 2:08:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#41]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:
I have a Norotos Rhino II mount, can someone recommend a J-Arm that works with this for a PVS-14? The one I have only works on the supplied skull crusher and will not engage the lock with the Norotos.
View Quote

Can you take a pic of the RhinoII? Is the RhinoII a bayonet mount?
https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-rhno-ii-bayonethorn-nvg-mount-assembly/
If you have the bayonet linked above, just buy another JArm online (from a dealer like TNVC or UNV if you want new) or from FleaBay if you want cheap (but don't mind risking getting airsoft or just worn out junk).

Or a dovetail?
https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-rhno-ii-dovetail-nvg-mount-assembly/

It sounds like you have a Dovetail mount and a Bayonet JArm. If that is the case, you'll need a Norotos Dual Dovetail (I love mine, rock solid with absolutely ZERO wobble at the PVS14 and DD joint or at the DD/Mount joint)

https://tnvc.com/shop/norotos-dual-dovetail-interface-arm-for-pvs-14/
(Also available on FleaBay, the same caveats apply)

or

a Wilcox Dovetail JArm (I have no experience, but it's Wilcox and they make REALLY nice stuff)
https://tnvc.com/shop/wilcox-anpvs-14-arm-w-nvg-interface-shoe/
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 8:50:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By contax_shooter:
View Quote
FWIW - this was my original setup as well, and I had some minor fitment issues too. Not sure if will help, but what finally got mine to latch was once the arm was firmly pressed into the mount, I had to physically push up on the small J-Arm to latch lever to engage it. Downside though was that it became a "hair trigger", and the slightest bump/touch disengaged it.

As mentioned by lilMAC25 above, I ditched the J-Arm and went to a Norotos Dual Dovetail and an INVG mount. While pricey, the lockup and function are WAY better, and the piece of mind that my PVS-14 is less likely to eject is worth a lot to me.

Oh and no free loading - The last pieces of my helmet showed up yesterday so I'm finally able to contribute to this thread 

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Some fun on a monless night

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:30:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Latest incarnation.  Still want to get the new Unity Tactical MARK mounts for the earpro and whenever they release the hub mount for them to give you a place to mount a scout light above the earpro.

Link Posted: 1/18/2017 10:07:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By vanrichten:
Latest incarnation.  Still want to get the new Unity Tactical MARK mounts for the earpro and whenever they release the hub mount for them to give you a place to mount a scout light above the earpro.

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90539/NODs-2-scaled-128326.jpg
View Quote

TW lid? Howd you mount the light? The comtacs limit your options, needless to say.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:44:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, it is very limited.  I don't like the light mount at all.  It's a cheap offset plastic light mount.  I don't even remember what company makes them.  Tango Down maybe.  I'm using the small rail piece on the front of the side rail and it just barely has enough space to grab onto.  It's secure but I don't like it.  The new Unity Tactical MARK with the mount above the ear pro will be a much nicer solution once it is released.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Why is it everyone is using the ARC rail adapters, is there something wrong with the Unity tactical MARK?
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TATBME:
Why is it everyone is using the ARC rail adapters, is there something wrong with the Unity tactical MARK?
View Quote
I had mine since before the MARK was a thing.  Now that I know about them I am on the waiting list for 2 sets from Unity tactical.  I also want their remora above the ear pro mount once it is released. 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#49]
The MARK is new and I already had ARC rail mounts. Not going to pay more money for something that does the same thing I already have.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 1:20:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Fair enough, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything before I made up my mind on which ones to get.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top