Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2017 12:52:58 PM EDT
Got my Form 1 back today ten months after I sent it in saying I filled in the model incorrectly. They say it should read  "SIG MCX"  where I put MCX. Called Sig today and they say Bullshit !!! The model is MCX only and not SIG MCX. BAN THE NFA!!! Get rid of the useless government employees that do nothing more than collect a pay check.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't make mistakes. The registry is perfect!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit is that a real picture of them processing NFA paperwork?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#3]
She handles only the Form 1's
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny thing is is that they are all in their 30's.  Processing forms ages you 10 fold!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#5]
What does it say on the side on your receiver? They seem to be super anal about these kinds of things over he last few years.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
So they want it to be called a Sig Sig MCX? Funny, but not for you.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:23:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Correct it to Sig MCX and send it back & you'll get your stamp in about a week.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 8:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
It took you longer to complain on the internet then to fix it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Called Sig today and they say Bullshit !!! The model is MCX only and not SIG MCX.
View Quote
Actually, this is SIG's fault.
They're the ones who engraved "SIG MCX" as the model name on the mag well.
Their manufacturer name of "SIG SAUER INC." is engraved near the fire control.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/imgres/1200x/Shooting/rifles/SIG-MCX-Virtus/MCX-Virtus-SIG-Sauer-detail.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Called Sig today and they say Bullshit !!! The model is MCX only and not SIG MCX.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/imgres/1200x/Shooting/rifles/SIG-MCX-Virtus/MCX-Virtus-SIG-Sauer-detail.jpg
It's SIG's fault?

Strange, I thought it was the fault of a program designed to exploit any detail in an effort to deny people their rights.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I've had them call me before and verify the model. The lady on the phone was very nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I am going to call that model.

SIG MCX
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's SIG's fault?
Strange, I thought it was the fault of a program designed to exploit any detail in an effort to deny people their rights.
View Quote
OK. Fair enough.
We can just say SIG screwed up one detail. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:02:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:00:15 PM EDT
[#15]
If OP read his reciever and filled out his paperwork correctly he wouldn't have got butt hurt and made this thread.

Always put down exactly how it reads on the reciever. That's what the ATF wants.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Idiots!!! Back in December I sent off a form 4 for my can, about two months ago I got a call from the dealer saying they got someone else's forms back for no payment and that my fingerprint cards were in with his forms. They called the NFA branch and were told they was no way to get my prints back in with my form 4
. Now I'm just waiting to see what happens with my paperwork
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've had them call me before and verify the model. The lady on the phone was very nice.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#18]
They did the same thing with the MPX.  Some were approved with just MPX and others, like me, had to send it back corrected to SIG MPX.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:04:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They did the same thing with the MPX.  Some were approved with just MPX and others, like me, had to send it back corrected to SIG MPX.
View Quote
Go to sigs website take a screenshot of your particular pistol/rifle  posted here.

i'm really not seeing the confusion
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Go to sigs website take a screenshot of your particular pistol/rifle  posted here.

i'm really not seeing the confusion
View Quote
The confusion is that they approved a lot of them with just MPX.  You then had a bunch of people claiming it wasn't needed due to ATF approving theirs that way.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The confusion is that they approved a lot of them with just MPX.  You then had a bunch of people claiming it wasn't needed due to ATF approving theirs that way.
View Quote
 So we have a bunch of idiots that filed it under the wrong name and got them approved and are encouraging other people to file it the wrong way?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 8:34:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Typical government employees.

I had to deal with both federal and state inspectors/auditors where I used to work.  EPA, FDA, state versions of the same.

Man, I'd be embarrassed to be as clueless as many of them were.

I can remember some of them not understanding that gravity makes stuff flow/move downwards.  Some of them not understanding that a couple 5 minute cycles at 580 F to 610 F not killing any bacteria that might have been on something prior to going into the first cycle, let alone the second cycle.  Etc., etc., etc.  Wanting filters on intakes (not understanding that an intake is designed to allow ambient air to enter a process and no process dust/particles are exiting an intake (we had an elaborate system of exhaust filtering/collecting for the process air exhausts).  They felt like intake and exhaust both released particles to the atmosphere.  I've seen those guys stick their hands/fingers into areas they couldn't see to feel around (I asked that one guy if he was allergic to bee/wasp stings and he got a funny look on his face and said, "How did you know that?"  I told him I didn't but asked him how he could tell there was no bee nest back in that pipe he stuck his hand into.  I had to turn and walk away to keep from busting out laughing at the expression on his face when he realized he was 6 stories up a large bunker complex with nothing but a narrow stairwell (no elevators) and he had no epi pen with him and he could have died right there that day.

I have no good memories of trying to explain common sense stuff to those folks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Forward the letter from Sig Sauer to them. (you're paper work may forever be lost though)
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 1:29:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yep...

Same issue with the Scorpion. You put CZ as the manufacturer, then they want it again for model: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126679/IMG_9745_PNG-284963.png

They started out accepting it different ways, but then changed their minds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...

Same issue with the Scorpion. You put CZ as the manufacturer, then they want it again for model: CZ Scorpion Evo 3 A1

Wish I could have a A1 Scorpion
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:00:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Just checked, mine was approved as "MCX."
Link Posted: 9/9/2017 11:03:25 AM EDT
[#27]
That's the exception, not the norm. 
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I've got 3 different SBR's from Palmetto with 2 different models.  The first two were approved as PA15MULTI, but they started rejecting it and the last one has a model of PA15.  They kinda make things up as they go along.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 1:13:05 PM EDT
[#29]
My Armed Forces Commemorative lower from QUENTIN DEFENSE has US Army on the side.  I first put AR-15 as the model on my form 1 online.  Makes sense right.  They insisted that the model should be US Army.  

So I ended up form 1'ing the US Army.  Gotta laugh instead of getting angry.
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:51:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
 So we have a bunch of idiots that filed it under the wrong name and got them approved and are encouraging other people to file it the wrong way?
View Quote
Who’s the idiots, the people who did that or the entity who approved them and then changes their minds more than a 16 year old girl?
Link Posted: 9/13/2017 9:54:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Typical government employees.

I had to deal with both federal and state inspectors/auditors where I used to work.  EPA, FDA, state versions of the same.

Man, I'd be embarrassed to be as clueless as many of them were.

I can remember some of them not understanding that gravity makes stuff flow/move downwards.  Some of them not understanding that a couple 5 minute cycles at 580 F to 610 F not killing any bacteria that might have been on something prior to going into the first cycle, let alone the second cycle.  Etc., etc., etc.  Wanting filters on intakes (not understanding that an intake is designed to allow ambient air to enter a process and no process dust/particles are exiting an intake (we had an elaborate system of exhaust filtering/collecting for the process air exhausts).  They felt like intake and exhaust both released particles to the atmosphere.  I've seen those guys stick their hands/fingers into areas they couldn't see to feel around (I asked that one guy if he was allergic to bee/wasp stings and he got a funny look on his face and said, "How did you know that?"  I told him I didn't but asked him how he could tell there was no bee nest back in that pipe he stuck his hand into.  I had to turn and walk away to keep from busting out laughing at the expression on his face when he realized he was 6 stories up a large bunker complex with nothing but a narrow stairwell (no elevators) and he had no epi pen with him and he could have died right there that day.

I have no good memories of trying to explain common sense stuff to those folks.
View Quote
Not surprising and matches my experience. That’s what happens when you hire based on looks and feels as opposed to qualifications, experience, and intelligence.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep...

View Quote
Same here.

If the gun says it printed anywhere, that is the name according to the ATF.

I spoke to them at length about this, they are trying to keep the model designations standardized.

However, some gun mfg's changed or dropped wording from the printing on the receivers, so you might have to send a pic with it to prove your case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top