Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2017 9:09:48 AM EDT
Late last December I submitted a form 1 which was received/ check cashed in January of this year. Fast forward to the present and I am getting ready to close on a house later this month and will probably be moving out of my apartment sometime by 1 October (When I give notice, my intention is to list 30 September as the day on which I intend to give up possession of the apartment). Based on timelines which have been posted, I am confident that my form 1 will not be approved by the time I move from my current address.

The good news:

*The house I am buying is in the same city as my current apartment- meaning that I am still under the jurisdiction of the CLEO whom I notified
*The house I am buying is in the same city as my current apartment- meaning that my proposed maker engraving is  still correct- both in terms of the city/state where the firearm will be made and what is written on the other markings box of the form 1

My concern:

I want to make sure that I receive any correspondence sent by ATF. If they have a problem with my application I want to be able to address it in a prompt manner. (My application breaks the mold for Connecticut SBR applications because it is for a manually operated/lever action firearm)

Additionally, if it is approved, I would like to receive my approved form/ stamp in a timely manner.

What steps should I take to ensure that ATF/ NFA Branch has the correct address information at hand when they are finally able to process my application? I assume that simply sending a letter to NFA Branch would be an option- but I am concerned that it will not be processed in a timely enough manner.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 6:25:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going through a similar issue.  I moved apartments during my pending Form 1 and was instructed to email [email protected] the weapon type, SN, Model, Trust or entity name, and new address and they would put it with my file so they can send out a correction letter.  I was doubtful about this so I called and I spoke with CS and she said she had never heard of that and she would put a note on my file with the new address.  I still haven't gotten a chance to follow up to see if this is corrected.  I will post an update when I do.

Update:
NFA Branch confirmed calling them to inform them the correction is the correct action.  They even read off my correction.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top