Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2017 11:21:04 PM EDT
For example, I opened my trust with a silencer or sbr (first schedule A item), if I buy 10 more NFA goodies using that trust do I "have to" add those to my schedule A or is it just if the trust has to be used to distribute your stuff (with a lawyer), etc if you pass?

If you do add everything, do you notarize it or just write info, sign and date?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's not on the list of trust property, how can trustees use/handle the items, and how would your lawyer know what the trust entails when you've passed?

Add items belonging to the trust, to the list of property owned by the trust - if that requires signatures and notarization in your state or by the wording of your trust, then so be it. If it doesn't, then just add the items to your list of property, or your "Schedule A" if that's how you or the trust you copied or someone else copied and you paid for, organizes things.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Was asking mainly cause I have an original pdf on my phone, but not an updated schedule A on there. To answer that though, wouldn't the stamp linking it to the trust be enough? I do have money into it, but I am more worried about legal stuff, if I die that's going to be a bigger issue than who gets my stuff

Ok.. while were at it, if I were to add my brother it is still possible post 41f without having him fingerprinted, etc right (legally allowed to own firearms obviously)?
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok.. while were at it, if I were to add my brother it is still possible post 41f without having him fingerprinted, etc right (legally allowed to own firearms obviously)?
View Quote
Sure. 41F does not address adding new responsible persons not related to the submission of an application. If the trust submits an application in the future, he'd need to be printed and have his pics submitted, or be removed from the trust prior to the submission (and could then be added again after the approval).
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:11:14 AM EDT
[#4]
shedule A is not a list of assets....it is only to list of what the trust owned at formation.  my "A" has the serial # of a $1.00 bill.  I keep a separate list of "ASSETS" and add to it as needed.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sure. 41F does not address adding new responsible persons not related to the submission of an application. If the trust submits an application in the future, he'd need to be printed and have his pics submitted, or be removed from the trust prior to the submission (and could then be added again after the approval).
View Quote
Would trustees be added to the notarized page or another page? Not that it matters cause its easy to notarize, but just wondering if people are just doing this at home
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Was asking mainly cause I have an original pdf on my phone, but not an updated schedule A on there. To answer that though, wouldn't the stamp linking it to the trust be enough?
View Quote
I'm not a lawyer, but your trust references the schedule A...not any tax forms...so no, it wouldn't be 'enough'. The whole point of a trust is to limit legal fights over shit, so invest 3 minutes and get an updated SA on your phone.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:47:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
shedule A is not a list of assets....it is only to list of what the trust owned at formation.  my "A" has the serial # of a $1.00 bill.  I keep a separate list of "ASSETS" and add to it as needed.
View Quote
you're may not be, but not all trusts that have NFA stuff in them is written with the same language. The schedule A in someone else's trust very well may be a list of assets...
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

you're may not be, but not all trusts that have NFA stuff in them is written with the same language. The schedule A in someone else's trust very well may be a list of assets...
View Quote
Schedule A is short for Schedule of Assets, lol. "I dont have a schedule, I have a LIST!"
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I wasn't aware that it was an acronym, is the "B" through  "Z" short for something in those schedules as well? I thought they were just going in alpha order, though B is for beneficiaries I suppose. Hmmm. Any number of schedules could be added to a trust though, AFAIK, so at some point the whole alpha ordering system is going to not line up. In any case, unless it's against a state law on the issue, couldn't one call the schedules whatever they wanted? So long as it's consistent with the trust language, couldn't your list of assets be called a Schedule X? or does state law, in all 50 states, specific what a list of assets must be called?
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:02:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Maybe just coincidence in the way my trust is written.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 2:16:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Whatever you want to call the schedule () it is simply a list for those who have to disposition your NFA items when you no longer can.

Your NFA items are "in" (owned by) the trust by virtue of your Forms 1 and/or 4s.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Whatever you want to call the schedule () it is simply a list for those who have to disposition your NFA items when you no longer can.

Your NFA items are "in" (owned by) the trust by virtue of your Forms 1 and/or 4s.
View Quote
That's what I figured, I wasn't arguing have to write a few things in, was mainly wondering cause I forgot to add something
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top