Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2017 12:04:21 PM EDT
As the title states sometime within the next month or so I want to start the sbr process, I live in IL. I know you have to have a C&R FFL but after that I'm a bit lost. Could anyone help me out?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
C&R FFL, file tax stamps individually, not on trust b/c trust can't hold FFL.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
C&R FFL, file tax stamps individually, not on trust b/c trust can't hold FFL.
View Quote
Thank you. I'm assuming it's not as hard as I think it is?
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
You're in Illinois.  The process is Federal, but be sure your municipality doesn't outlaw whatever gun you're trying to own.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:38:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm all good in that regard. I live in the southern, more sane, part of the state haha.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Check in your IL hometown forum as to who the best level of police is to send your notifications.  Local municipality, county, or state.  No CLEO signoff now, but you do have to notify them.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Still, good luck!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Still, good luck!
View Quote
Thank you. Just heard from a guy I shoot with at matches that wait times are at a year or so. So that puts me definitely over a year considering I don't even have my C&R FFL yet. All of which makes me sad haha.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top