Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2017 8:36:42 PM EDT
I am filling out my first 5320.20 and have a question. For section 4 it wants the manufacture. Since this is an SBR from a pistol do I list myself as the manufacture or the original manufacture from when it was a pistol?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:06:11 PM EDT
[#1]
People seem to have gotten them back approved both ways.  On mine, I put the original manufacturer (whats in box 4a. on the Form 1), and they're always approved.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:56:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for the replies. I'll just match the F1 to play it safe.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine kicked back for listing my trust as the manufacturer.
Apparently this inspector wanted Arsenal as mfg.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:26:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember, a Form 1 is for "making" an NFA firearm, not "manufacturing". On the Form 1:4a.Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm (if any)
"(if any)" would apply to the guys making a silencer from an oil can, Maglite or making their SBR from an 80% lower......where there was no original firearms manufacturer.

Your Responsible Persons Questionnaire asks: 4b. Name of Maker, Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm.
You should include all that is applicable.

If your making an SBR from a Colt M4 Carbine, "Colt" is the original manufacturer. You (or your trust) would be the "maker".
If you are making a silencer from a Maglite, then you leave 4a on the Form 1 blank or put "none". On the RPQ you just don't list a manufacturer.
If you are SBR'ing a Yugo AK it would be Zastava as the manufacturer, Century Arms as the Importer and you or your trust as the maker.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:45:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting updates.
Thanks for all the extra info, it helps me avoid mistakes in the future.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#7]
One last clarifcation, for box 1 were it asks for the registered owner and address. It is my address with my trust name, correct?
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 7:44:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Correct. The trust is the registered owner.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Correct. The trust is the registered owner.
View Quote
Yep, the same info you put in the "Applicant's Name and Address" box on the Form 1 (assuming you haven't moved intrastate since then of course, then put current address where item is stored).
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:13:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I just put all the info that's on the F1 on the form. (Trust name and my name, manufacturer spikes, etc)

I use a range across state lines and can do a 12month form each year.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Thank you everyone. I wanted to make sure I did not need to resubmit for some stupid mistake.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#12]
I submitted my form Fri. night via the e-mail to fax address on the form. Is there anyway for me to verify that they received the form?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:27:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you call, it will eventually be Pending like other forms. But, the turnaround is often about a month, so you'll have to wait long enough for them to see it, but not too long so that it's already approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I submitted my form Fri. night via the e-mail to fax address on the form. Is there anyway for me to verify that they received the form?
If you call, it will eventually be Pending like other forms. But, the turnaround is often about a month, so you'll have to wait long enough for them to see it, but not too long so that it's already approved.
Thank you. I just wanted to make sure they got the forms. I know the going turn around is 1 to 1.5 months right now. It would suck to find out in a month that they never received the form.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 7:15:00 PM EDT
[#15]
I am blown away. People were saying it was taking 40ish days to get a form turned around. I used the e-mail to fax option on the form and e-mailed it in late 7/13. The stamp on the form says they received it 7/14, approved it on 7/27 and i just got it in the mail today. Total turn around from them getting it to me getting it was 17 days including weekends.

Thanks for all the help guys.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Question on box 1 when using the 5320.20 to notify ATF of permanent address change-
Box 1- Old address or new, permanent address?
 I think I have Boxes 2, 6 and 7 figured out, but Box #1 is causing me to overthink it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Question on box 1 when using the 5320.20 to notify ATF of permanent address change-
Box 1- Old address or new, permanent address?
 I think I have Boxes 2, 6 and 7 figured out, but Box #1 is causing me to overthink it.
View Quote
Box 1 is the current owner's name and current primary address.  Also usually the same information in the "Name and Address of Maker/Transferee" box of a Form 1/4, assuming that hasn't changed since those forms were submitted with an intrastate move.

If you keep the NFA item(s) at your primary address, then the address in box 1 will be the same as what you put in box 6, AKA the "old address" as it pertains to a permanent move.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top