Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 11:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, just keep that handy in case you need to prove that one day.
Maybe at your 922(r) hearing. 
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 12:00:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, it apparently is the norm for LE to know absolutely nothing about NFA...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP, it apparently is the norm for LE to know absolutely nothing about NFA...
True.

The entire NFA process for SBR and suppressors is utterly ridiculous.
Also true!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 9:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You are correct but why not meet with the Chief and bring a copy of the new ATF regulations in an attempt to educate him...
View Quote
Why? It's his job to know the law, I mean hell....that's his profession.

Since it has no consequence for those so engaged, I wouldn't waste my breath. Drop them in the mail slot, never talk to a soul.

Now, would be different if you had someone that cared enough to actually understand not only the law but the processes for which we employ them execute upon.... but for a dept that tells you that you are wrong and incorrectly sources "Our Fed Guy" and other nonsense, don't even bother having the discussion. What would one hope to gain out that?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:19:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The notification without any check makes that whole process ridiculous.

If someone was planning to break the law they are not even going to bother with a notification.

I think silencershop sends the forms to the state ag, which is kinda funny beacuse they will just shred them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:54:10 PM EDT
[#6]
no need, its not anyones job or requirement to do so

Quoted:
You are correct but why not meet with the Chief and bring a copy of the new ATF regulations in an attempt to educate him...
View Quote
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top