Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2017 11:33:45 PM EDT
Got a question on moving out of state regarding Form 4's.

I almost have a locked up deal for a SBR from a seller out of state, just gotta send the funds next week.  I realize how that process works, but my question is the wife and I have been looking at relocating out of state for awhile now. As luck would have it we may have the opportunity to do that quicker than we thought, perhaps in the next 6-8 months (this all came about within the last 24-48hrs with her job w/all the stars aligning).

Having said that, I know this process is long going from a private individual Form 4'd to my dealer then onto me filing the Form 4. How would the relocation impact all of this? Would i have to start over and submit a new Form 4 to get it from my dealer once he has it then to me if the move happens. Or would it then go from my dealer to another dealer in our new state via Form 3 and then I would file a Form 4 with that new dealer. Which could essentially make this process take 2+years.

Given the current wait times 8-12 months, its a real possibility this SBR may be in paperwork limbo, is it an option to maintain residency "on paper" during this approval timeframe to somehow circumvent any additional paperwork and then simply notify the AFT about relocating when its approved by filing the 5320.20

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Link Posted: 5/14/2017 8:14:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Trust or individual?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Trust, but I'm going to drop my co trustees off during the process as they are out of state and I don't want to burden them with the new requirements.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Given the current wait times 8-12 months, its a real possibility this SBR may be in paperwork limbo, is it an option to maintain residency "on paper"
View Quote

Option? Yes.
Legal Option? No.

Seems to me if it is good deal, get it sent to your dealer. This will take a couple of months. Then re-evaluate your situation and options.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:34:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Option? Yes.
Legal Option? No.

Seems to me if it is good deal, get it sent to your dealer. This will take a couple of months. Then re-evaluate your situation and options.
View Quote
Alright thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top