Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2017 11:38:30 AM EDT
So from what I am reading I am screwed most likley. My credit card info was stolen I found out this morning, wish these asshats would burn in hell.

That said my form 4 was mailed by my LGS a few weeks ago and my card was still not charged yet which seems strange but it is the atf. That said is there anything I can do or just wait for the payment to be rejected and start again?

The bad part is im not even sure this card was the one I put on the form.

Just sucks cause this is such a long freaking process and I don't want to delay it anymore than it already is.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd call and explain that you're credit card was compromised and won't work for the tax paid since I assume you cancelled it. They maybe able to take payment over the phone but I'm not sure. You should have just sent a check, that's what I just did as it seems to be the "safest" relatively speaking way. It took two days for them to get my mailed in application and they must have deposited the check the day they got it. They got my form 1 on a Saturday and my account showed the checking pending to be cleared yesterday so two days was all it took.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So from what I am reading I am screwed most likley. My credit card info was stolen I found out this morning, wish these asshats would burn in hell.

That said my form 4 was mailed by my LGS a few weeks ago and my card was still not charged yet which seems strange but it is the atf. That said is there anything I can do or just wait for the payment to be rejected and start again?

The bad part is im not even sure this card was the one I put on the form.

Just sucks cause this is such a long freaking process and I don't want to delay it anymore than it already is.
View Quote

So, you now know, that it is a good idea to have the dealer make a copy of the completed Form 4 for YOUR records.  A lot can happen in 6-9 months.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#3]
There's nothing that can be done. The forms aren't mailed to the ATF NFA branch in West Virginia, they are mailed to a third party processor, Bank of America, for payment to be processed and then get submitted to the ATF as the ATF is not aloud to handle money. ATF won't have any record of your submission.

Once BoA attempts to process it and is declined it will then be mailed back to the return address.

This is why the best method is to use a check for payment as bank accounts aren't compromised nearly as much as credit/debit cards.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That happened to me a few months back. I resubmitted new forms before the old ones came back payment declined. They're pending.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok well I'll just wait and hope the card on there was not the one stolen.

Last time I did a forum 4 was a good while ago and check was only option. Dealer said credit card was now better option and considering I've never done it I took their word on it. I didn't think too much about it cause the last 5 forms I did were e file and credit card just made sense. Now I know.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I am new to this deal but my first form 1 was mailed on may 1st 2017, recieved by atf may 4th and my cc was charged later that day. Are form 4 and form 1 that different for cc's?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:04:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 9:50:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. I've never had a Form 1 or 4 take more than two days after receipt for the payment to be processed.
View Quote
x2.  Last one I sent was mailed 6/29 and check cleared my bank 7/6.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Form 4 and 1 are both processed the same way. Guess I'll find out in a few days since they were just mailed.
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 11:06:21 AM EDT
[#10]
So it's been 2 months and nothing has been charged and no paperwork returned yet. It's been 1.5 months since the paperwork was sent in. I'm at a loss on this one.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I've read of similar situations like yours and their dealer went out of business shortly after.
Hope that's not your case.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes you can clear a specific charge with the bank even if the card was compromised.  It's worth a chat with them.

Greg
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I don't see them going out of business anytime soon. They are the busiest and most frequented gun shop in the area.

I could try and clear the charge with my bank but I think it's been too long by now. Most likely they already tried to charge it and put it back in a pile, got lost in the mail, or the gun shop dropped the ball but I really don't know what to do at this point. ATF had no record cause it probably didn't make it to them and gun shop has given me nothing so... sucks, I'm sure it will be figured out eventually but I've lost over a month that it could of been pending by now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top