Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2017 10:37:22 AM EDT
I have a gun trust with several NFA items within it, all pre-41f. I'd like to allow a friend to transport (within my state) and use (without me present) my NFA items. I'm assuming this requires him to be added as a trustee to my existing gun trust.

Can someone shed some light on what I need to do?:

1. Can I simply add an amendment to the existing trust adding him as a trustee?
2. If so, since the trust is simply paperwork that i'm keeping in a safe, nothing (including fingerprints) would need to be submitted to the ATF, is that correct?
3. Would the amendment need to be notarized, or would signatures of all trustees be sufficient?
4. Lastly, can't imagine he would ever be in this situation, but let's say he had his paperwork inspected by the ATF. Would the copies of the approved Form 1s/4s be sufficient, or would he also need a copy of the gun trust docs naming him as a trustee? (The trust name is My Full Name Gun Trust).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine said specifically that no additional notary was required after the initial.  Not spelled out in the trust, but he FAQs for it.  

I can simply pull out the page, write a new page, and put it in, then make copies.  It isn't on file anywhere, so changes can be made any time.

I am slacking, as I still need to put my latest can info on it.  I have it printed out and red arrow stickers on it where I need to make changes.  Just been lazy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#4]
After adding your friend as a co-trustee, you might consider scanning first page of trust and page listing all trustees and fronts of Form 1/ Form 4 as a .pdf file and then e-mailing to him to store on his phone.  It comes in handy
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 11:03:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the advice, will scan and give him copies as suggested. Much appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top