Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2017 2:17:13 PM EDT
Can anyone shed some light on the correct process to have an already approved Form 4 for suppressor corrected? The manufacturer name was apparently entered wrong. My LGS said they were going to send it back and the ATF would put a note under the Approved box at the bottom of the form with comments. I just want to make sure it is done correctly so I don't have any issues with the approval or in the unlikely event I ever want to sell it and have to transfer it. I would have thought the ATF would just send a corrected form once they received the invalid one back. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2017 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump...
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 2:09:18 PM EDT
[#3]
So did they transfer it to you, or try to make the correction before transferring it to you?

If they transferred it to you, send a note of the error or call them to see what they say.

If they didn't transfer it to you, then I guess it's a waiting game to let the dealer figure out what they are doing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 7:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked it up today and it was transferred to my trust. The error was noticed after they called to tell me it was approved (I received a second call about 5 minutes later hehe), so they sent the approved form 4 back and the examiner who had initially approved put comments in the Approved section at the bottom that the "Manufacturer is Surefire" an initialed it. They also marked those comments with yellow highlighter :) Thanks guys!

-ETA, the error was that they originally put the manufacturer was Silencerco. I'll just chalk it up to the 41P rush of '16 :)
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
This is somewhat related.   I had  a dyslexic  moment and mixed up two numbers on my Form 4.   The ATF returned it and  we put a line through the wrong SN and wrote the correct number in.    

What will my approved Form 4 look like??  I don't really want a approved from 4 with a line across the original number and then a correction number under.    I could see that causing problems with the local  PD if I ever get checked.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 7:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It'll be the same form you sent in AFAIK. They don't fill out another one for you or anything.
View Quote
This is correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top