Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 10:35:52 AM EDT
I have been out of the NFA game a while and didn't realize 41p had passed (I know, I'm an idiot). I mailed off Form 1 paperwork for an SBR a couple of weeks ago with only trust information. Is there a way to fix this?
How? Can I just mail in finger prints and passport photo?

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can try to contact your examiner and see if they will let you submit the prints and pics separately.

It is more likely that your application will go into error status and be returned to you for corrections, once it actually hits an examiner's desk 7 months or so after you first submitted it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:35:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can try to contact your examiner and see if they will let you submit the prints and pics separately.

It is more likely that your application will go into error status and be returned to you for corrections, once it actually hits an examiner's desk 7 months or so after you first submitted it.
View Quote
It's 2 print cards and one pic on the Responsible Persons form, right?  Is the VA number the one to call?
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's 2 print cards and one pic on the Responsible Persons form, right?  Is the VA number the one to call?
Thanks
View Quote
There is no reason to call, there is nothing they will be able to do. Once it crosses the desk of the examiner they will most likely send you a letter to perform corrections and you will mail in the necessary info.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 7:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
It will probably be returned with no action from Atlanta within 30-45 days of submission.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 9:50:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It will probably be returned with no action from Atlanta within 30-45 days of submission.
View Quote

My bet is also on returned without action.

Did you use the pre or post 41F Form?
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:15:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if it was pre or post but I used the one available on the ATF website that allows you to type in and print.  I called the ATF today and was told NOT to send paperwork in as it will never catch up with my Form 1, rather wait until it is examined in 7-8 months and it will be returned in error.  Then I am to fix the error and the stamp will be immediately issued. Will update if it is in fact sent back from Atlanta.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top