Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2017 9:40:21 AM EDT
This popped up on my newsfeed and I didn't see a thread posted here.

In an attempt to better provide oversight, cut down wait times, and increase efficiency, two distinct new branches have been formed: The Industry Processing Branch (NFA IPB) and the Government Support Branch (NFA GSB).

The NFA IPB is responsible for industry forms processing and working towards refining current operations.

The duties of the NFA GSB include processing SOT applications, government transfers, exemptions, and expediting LEO/Gov requests.
View Quote
http://www.recoilweb.com/atf-goes-through-major-nfa-branch-reorganization-127570.html
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
One can hope...
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Also discussed here
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#3]
This is bad news. This just means us lowly citizens get our forms even slower, as I am sure they will have gov forms well staffed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is bad news. This just means us lowly citizens get our forms even slower, as I am sure they will have gov forms well staffed.
View Quote
Not necessarily. They can improve efficiency if they separate out government forms and functions since they have different requirements and processes anyway.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not necessarily. They can improve efficiency if they separate out government forms and functions since they have different requirements and processes anyway.
View Quote
Did you just put "efficiency" and "government" in one sentence?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No kidding.  You ate delusional if you think we aren't getting pushed to the back of the line permanently.  They will probably take all the best processors and put them on the .gov forms.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:11:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Improved efficiency? That's a laugh.

eFile Form 1 processing in Jan - Feb was ~ 850 applications per day.

In the last 30 days, they've become so efficient that they're now processing 350 applications per day.

Sounds like such a significant improvement that some government manager is getting a performance bonus!
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:40:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No kidding.  You ate delusional if you think we aren't getting pushed to the back of the line permanently.  They will probably take all the best processors and put them on the .gov forms.
View Quote
News flash: You've always been behind .gov forms.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:41:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Improved efficiency? That's a laugh.

eFile Form 1 processing in Jan - Feb was ~ 850 applications per day.

In the last 30 days, they've become so efficient that they're now processing 350 applications per day.

Sounds like such a significant improvement that some government manager is getting a performance bonus!
View Quote
Either that or it's more Form 4s being processed since the timelines match up to the last few weeks of panic buying anything on the shelf.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Either that or it's more Form 4s being processed since the timelines match up to the last few weeks of panic buying anything on the shelf.
View Quote
I think it's this, I've been watching and form 1s seemed to be far ahead of form 4s to the point where it looked like my September 2016 post 41F Form 1 would come back before my July 5th pre 41F form 4. It seems to have shifted in the last month and now form 4s are about even based on numbers reported in both the silencer and SBR waiting threads.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I think it's this, I've been watching and form 1s seemed to be far ahead of form 4s to the point where it looked like my September 2016 post 41F Form 1 would come back before my July 5th pre 41F form 4. It seems to have shifted in the last month and now form 4s are about even based on numbers reported in both the silencer and SBR waiting threads.
View Quote
Exactly

Think of the sheer numbers of Form 4s SS alone mailed out in the weeks leading up.

Now think about all the other cans that were sold in those last few weeks.

The smart Form 1rs who had more advance understanding of 41F filed earlier.

By splitting out .gov forms, you streamline the flow, because then each division has a simplified workflow instead of having to process forms via multiple dissimilar processes.

Think about it. If an examiner has 200 forms, are they going to work faster if they are 200 of the same 2-3 types of form or if they're split between all the different ATF forms, submitted by multiple different types of applicants?
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:48:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
News flash: You've always been behind .gov forms.
View Quote
This is correct. They'll probably just be able to identify them faster now.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#14]
If they would just process several applications by the same buyer simultaneously instead of individually, it would speed things up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they would just process several applications by the same buyer simultaneously instead of individually, it would speed things up.
View Quote
Except they'd have to dig through piles to find apppications from each individual or entities. And there's a lot of applicants.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm really not sure of the extent of the "research/ processing" they do for stuff. So yeah, the Maker might not change but they still need to check the individual builds, in theory. Or the status of each object being transfered. So even if it's the same buyer/maker, the other end of the transaction still requires something. Not really fair to bump those ahead of others, but they did used to do batch approvals sometimes if pointed out to them. Now they're so far behind, they don't care,, I think.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 3:18:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top