Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2017 12:49:39 PM EDT
What options do I have for subgun matches in Texas? I have never shot a match due to not living near a venue but have wanted to for a long time. I'm also having issues finding relevant current info online.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas Tactical hosts a carbine match about once a month.  I have seen just about every kind of carbine, PCC, suppressed, etc..

Are you looking for full auto?  

Texas Tactical
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 3:26:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Some info Here

ETA: Webly beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 4:38:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Texas Tactical hosts a carbine match about once a month.  I have seen just about every kind of carbine, PCC, suppressed, etc..

Are you looking for full auto?  

Texas Tactical
View Quote

Texas Tactical used to allow full auto at their matches when they were hosted at the Blanco County Sportsmans Club, followed by Hill Country Rifle Range, and then the Texas Tactical range in Henly.

All of those ranges eventually closed down and the Texas Tactical matches are now held at Austin Rifle Club and Cedar Ridge Range between Austin and SA.   Cedar Ridge for many years wouldnt even allow SBRs or Suppressors, much less full auto.  Austin Rifle Club has always banned full auto on premises.

There are three gun matches at Best of the West that I have heard you could shoot a full auto subgun or carbine at for the Rifle portion of the event.

The only recurring dedicated subgun matches I am aware of are the North Texas subgun matches run by Chris Hippes linked to above on Uzitalk. v
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:16:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I really wished the BOTW or some range held regular subgun matches. For a state that is very gun friendly, and central Texas being a pretty wealthy part of Texas, we have a surprisingly low number of events such as SMG matches and machine gun shoots. 

It it seems that the Texas International Firearms Festival bled money last year, so they probably won't be back. I hope they do come back, as I really enjoyed it. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top