Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2017 11:35:35 AM EDT
I'm looking for a Post-41F trust which I can obtain online.  While I'm otherwise pretty happy with my pre-41F trust vendor, they seem to be sold on the idea of amending a trust to make it single-responsible-person, and I just don't like that idea.  Without going into my degree of unreasonableness, can anyone point me towards a trust vendor whose post-41F offerings start out as single-responsible-person and allow the option to add trustees/RPs later?  

(I'm aware of the SilencerShop 'Single-Shot Trust' or whatever they're calling it - but I don't want something tied to a particular seller like that one is.  I do like that it begins as a single-RP trust with the option to add trustees later.)

TIA!
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact SS and see if they sell one shot trusts without it being tied to their product ?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 5:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact SS and see if they sell one shot trusts without it being tied to their product ?
View Quote
With their recent announcement on F1, maybe they're headed that way, but I'd still prefer to just buy a trust rather than be tied to their system....though one of my local dealers may be getting a kiosk, which could change my tune
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:57:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump for any new info.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
They will not. I asked, it's only sold alongside a suppresssor on the same purchase. 

I just set set one up with Dean Phillips. Unlike the SS trust, mine is drafted by an actual lawyers office. SS has a template created by a lawyer but they are just running a fill-in-blank form. I am pretty sure if you have any questions or need advise with any of the SS trusts  you need to pay their lawyer for that help. 
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:41:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just set set one up with Dean Phillips.
View Quote
Last I saw, Dean's trusts still required an addendum removing people to be 41F-compliant - is that the way yours is?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Last I saw, Dean's trusts still required an addendum removing people to be 41F-compliant - is that the way yours is?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes, I believe that is the case, I guess unless you don't mind getting all people printed for the Form 4.  IANAL, but I might ask him and see.

This is what the addendum says:

This amendment shall be null and void upon approval of all pending National Firearms Applications.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yes, I believe that is the case, I guess unless you don't mind getting all people printed for the Form 4.  IANAL, but I might ask him and see.

View Quote
IANAL either, but it screams "I'm avoiding the fingerprinting requirements" to my mind and I don't like giving that impression.  I want a trust which is for one person with the option to easily add/remove others in the future should I want to do that. That's the way the SilencerShop product seems to be written FWIW.
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IANAL either, but it screams "I'm avoiding the fingerprinting requirements" to my mind and I don't like giving that impression.  I want a trust which is for one person with the option to easily add/remove others in the future should I want to do that. That's the way the SilencerShop product seems to be written FWIW.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I submitted four silencers with the addendum in Sept 2016 so I hope they honor the document 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top