Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 5:09:27 PM EDT
When 41F date was looming, I decided to Eform 1 a SBR.  I created and filed said form on the 4 Jul 2016.  My submitted date for this form is 27 Jul 2016.  Curious if this will cause my eform to be kicked because it falls after 41F took affect.

thanks
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
what do you mean by "filed"? did you pay on 7/4?
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd have to look up when my credit card was charged.  

Eforms have a created date and submitted date.  I filed the eform on the 4th.  Under submitted date, it says the 27th.

My two previous eform1s were in Jan 2016.  Both filed on the same day, only minutes apart, but weeks later submitted dates.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what do you mean by "filed"? did you pay on 7/4?
View Quote
UPDATEcredit card charged on 5 Jul
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It only had to be postmarked prior to 7/13/16.

If it wasn't, they sent most of them back soon after they were received.
View Quote
No postmark on an efile amigo.

At any rate, I'm still not 100% sure on the wording of the key factor here. You paid, did you submit the eforms on 7/5 as well? If so, your good to go. If you waited to clock the file submit button until late July, you're SOL most likely.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I did hit submit on the 5 Jul.  I guess I'm being a nervous nellie.

Quoted:
So, seeing your spread of dates isn't a surprise...and having the CC charged on 7/5 says you're good...unless you paid and forgot to hit Sign & Submit, and figured that out a couple weeks later.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#7]
FWIW I have eFiled Form1 cans in this same situation - I created and submitted them on 6/30 but because I had new model names they don't show as submitted until 7/20 - after I received an email about them changing state.  So mine show "Created" 6/30 and "Submitted" 7/20 - I emailed and was told explicitly that the original pre-41F submission was sufficient and they would be processed under pre-41F rules despite a "Submitted" date showing online as post-41F.

I've not gotten them back yet of course, so no warrantees express or implied....
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When 41F date was looming, I decided to Eform 1 a SBR.  I created and filed said form on the 4 Jul 2016.  My submitted date for this form is 27 Jul 2016.  Curious if this will cause my eform to be kicked because it falls after 41F took affect.

thanks
View Quote

Congrats on the filing.

I'm in the EXACT same bucket as you. eFiled the form 1 on Jul 4, card charged Jul 5, then went into pending research until Jul 27 when the application was changed to submitted/in process. Mine was on a new model gun; HK SP5K. The pull-down menu when I filed didn't have that model listed which is why the delay occurred.

I followed up with the "ask ATF" and got a reply saying pre-41F applied. That's the good news.

Bad news is the internal control number assigned is based on Jul 27, so I'm stuck behind all the last minute deadline beaters up through Jul 13.

My control number is 3614xx, so my best guess is now mid to late-May to get the stamp.  What did you get as a control number?
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 5:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I don't have an internal control number

Quoted:
My control number is 3614xx, so my best guess is now mid to late-May to get the stamp.  What did you get as a control number?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:23:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 6:56:19 PM EDT
[#11]
My permit number is 20163614YY

Quoted:
thats because you evidently didn't provide one...but the control number there talking about is the permit number, which will (or at least should, as I have one that didn't) show as a control number on the approved form
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ouch, that sucks.

I filed one on 7/7 and it shows submitted on 7/8 and my number is 2016325XXX

Because of that delay of yours, look how high your number went up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Didn't EFile go down after the new rule went in effect.

I'm pretty sure that if your efile is in process, you got it in before the cutoff and will be ok as far as the date is concerned
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 12:08:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
thats because you evidently didn't provide one...but the control number there talking about is the permit number, which will (or at least should, as I have one that didn't) show as a control number on the approved form
Yup. 40,000 numbers later. They're banging through anywhere from 600 to 850 applications per day depending on the sampling dates.

That's why I'm giving it a swag of May 20 to 30 for ours to bubble up. Inmyshadow and I are within a the same batch of a hundred apps.  

Cheer up! At least my Form 4 came in today on a can from late June.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top