Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2017 7:28:42 AM EDT
New to NFA.  All my stamps are starting to come in.   Have a few questions regarding the completion of the 5320.20.
    In the name of my trust.  So my actual name does not go anywhere on this form other than my signature with "Trustee" written after correct?
      Can I submit multiple 5320's with different locations with the same date range?  I visit both Michigan and Ohio throughout the year so it'd be nice to have both locations for the entire year.
        Also, if I travel to a couple of different locations at different times within a state do I need two different 5320's for that state?
          Do I need to send a copy of the trust?
            I've read I can e-mail or fax them?  What e-mail or fax number do I use?
              If I e-mail them do print, sign, scan, then just send as an attachment?
                Do they just e-mail them back as attachments?
                  I've read conflicting answers on this.  What about suppressors?  Should I complete a form for them as well?
                    And finally, am I nuking this?  
                    Thanks in advance.
                    Link Posted: 3/17/2017 8:33:05 AM EDT
                    [#1]
                    Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:36:16 PM EDT
                    [#2]
                    I wanted to piggy back on this too--how early can I file for the following year?  For instance I live in Texas, but have in-laws in Arkansas.  Say I want to take my SBR to shoot over the holidays and we are there from Dec 25 2017 - Jan 3 2018.  From my understanding I have to file a separate form for the year 2017 and a new one for 2018, but how far in advance can I file the Jan 1 2018-Dec 31 2018 form?
                    Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:33:53 PM EDT
                    [#3]
                    Link Posted: 3/20/2017 11:38:49 PM EDT
                    [#4]
                    Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
                    Quoted:

I've filed 3-4 months ahead of time with no issues. Not sure I've ever filed sooner than that.

You can submit overlapping years if you want. Nothing wrong with submitting something like 7/1/17-6/30/18, and then repeating it each year. I usually do mine each fall for the following year, but it doesn't really matter.
                    View Quote
                    Ahh--so it isn't a requirement to go year by year, just that you can only file for one year at a time.

And as a side note am I correct in my thinking that I really only need one form per state?  In theory my travels may take me to the opposite side of the state on my way to my destination.
                    Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:45:33 AM EDT
                    [#5]
                    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
                    Top Top