Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2017 11:42:40 AM EDT
I know this is a widely discussed topic so I'm sorry for posting another thread but I'd like some straight up answers as for the laws in 2017.

Can you legally posses a SBR in Illinois if you hold a valid C&R license? If so do you still have to apply for the $200 tax stamp.

To obtain a C&R license do you have to meet with the ATF in person like a standard FFL license and by obtaining a C&R are you giving the ATF permission to come to your home and investigate your belongings like a standard FFL?

Thanks,
Cody
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I know this is a widely discussed topic so I'm sorry for posting another thread but I'd like some straight up answers as for the laws in 2017.

Can you legally posses a SBR in Illinois if you hold a valid C&R license? If so do you still have to apply for the $200 tax stamp.

To obtain a C&R license do you have to meet with the ATF in person like a standard FFL license and by obtaining a C&R are you giving the ATF permission to come to your home and investigate your belongings like a standard FFL?

Thanks,
Cody
View Quote

You do have to have a C&R license in IL to get an SBR, I've been through the process twice now.  Yes, you still have to get the $200 tax stamp....you will have to submit a copy of your C&R license with your form 1 or form 4.

No you don't have to meet with an ATF agent to get a C&R license, it's a pretty straight forward process and took about 2 months for mine to get returned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top