Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2017 10:50:07 PM EDT
Dealer and I disagree and cannot find it in writing.
For purpose of Form 4, Section 2a, is a C&R licensee (as the Tranferee) an individual or legal entity? I recently got a C&R in my name, not connected to a Trust.
I have looked, but don't see an answer.
We would very much appreciate a link or citation.
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#1]
A C&R licensee is a person, not a legal entity.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A C&R licensee is a person, not a legal entity.
View Quote

+1
03FFL Collector of Curios & Relics are not issued to partnerships, LLC's, Corps, etc.........only to individuals.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 12:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks. They now see it our way.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

+1
03FFL Collector of Curios & Relics are not issued to partnerships, LLC's, Corps, etc.........only to individuals.
View Quote

That's incorrect. Based on past conversations which I have had with National Licensing Center and the Hartford Industry Operations office; ATF WILL issue a C&R license to a corporation or LLC. (I never asked about partnerships, my recollection is that they WILL NOT issue them to trusts) It's not common, but it does happen. Before 41F, some people using the corporate route (to avoid CLEO approval) obtained corporate C&R licenses (e.g. anticipating the acquisition of C&R eligible NFA from across state lines). There are also museums which hold C&R licenses as well.

If the C&R license is held by an individual, then it would be an individual transfer. If the C&R license is issued to a business entity then it would be a transfer to a business entity.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That's incorrect. Based on past conversations which I have had with National Licensing Center and the Hartford Industry Operations office; ATF WILL issue a C&R license to a corporation or LLC. (I never asked about partnerships, my recollection is that they WILL NOT issue them to trusts) It's not common, but it does happen. Before 41F, some people using the corporate route (to avoid CLEO approval) obtained corporate C&R licenses (e.g. anticipating the acquisition of C&R eligible NFA from across state lines). There are also museums which hold C&R licenses as well.

If the C&R license is held by an individual, then it would be an individual transfer. If the C&R license is issued to a business entity then it would be a transfer to a business entity.
View Quote

No shit?
My first IOI lied to me. Imagine that.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shit?

Yes, he did. Check out #7 on the application.

Applicant is

An Individual           A Corporation       A  Partnership      Other
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top