Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2017 11:38:51 PM EDT
Long story short, I am planning to submit two Form 4s here soon and went and had four copies of my passport photo made, completely forgetting about the CLEO Copy that now exists as part of the submission process. However, upon a closer read of Instruction 2(g), it says "...must (1) attach to item 15 of the ATF Form 4, a 2 inch x 2 inch photograph of the frontal view of the transferee taken within 1 year prior to the date of the application...". Before now, for every Form 1 or Form 4 I've submitted, I've always had multiple passport photos made so that each copy had the same photo. However, if I'm reading this right, is it saying that the passport photo only needs to be on the ATF Copy and ATF Copy 2 and not the CLEO Copy? Odds are I will err on the side of caution and just get six new matching photos made at CVS to be safe, but I am now starting to wonder if it's not needed. Has anyone else submitted either Form 1s or Form 4s without photos on the CLEO copies? Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:25:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think you're reading it right. The entire form is called ATF Form X. It's supposed to be on the CLEO copy as well; or they'd have grayed it out like the serial number field.
See below.

If you want to save a few dollars at those printing kiosks, you can duplicate your 2x2" onto a 4x6" in MS Paint or something. Then you're only paying for one photo print. Clicking passport seems to somehow make photos more valuable. lol

I prefer to just print them straight onto the paper at home. DoS has a free passport photo crop tool on their site which will generate a 600x600 pixel image from an uploaded photo. https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports/photos/photos.html
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
According to this post HERE per email correspondence with the ATF, the photo is not needed for the CLEO copy of the forms.  To that effect, BigWaylon also added notes stating the same to his big how-to posts.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
According to this post HERE per email correspondence with the ATF, the photo is not needed for the CLEO copy of the forms.  To that effect, BigWaylon also added notes stating the same to his big how-to posts.
View Quote

Perfect. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 1:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 5:36:24 PM EDT
[#5]
how in hell would you avoid the serial # when you are sending a copy of the registration form itself?????

I'll add that in Florida it would constitute a violation of Florida law for a LEA to retain any list of ownership, it appears at least in this state that file 13 is the only viable option!
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
how in hell would you avoid the serial # when you are sending a copy of the registration form itself?????

I'll add that in Florida it would constitute a violation of Florida law for a LEA to retain any list of ownership, it appears at least in this state that file 13 is the only viable option!
View Quote

It is a copy, but you are filling it out, so just don't fill in the serial number box. 

And I assume if that is the law in FL, a wise CLEO would direct that the forms be destroyed after they've been "notified".
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 6:40:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top