Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 10:22:13 AM EDT
I submitted a form 4 a while back & the ATF just charged my card twice.

I waited a couple of days to see if it was just a pending error but now its there.  

I contacted the NFA branch and they just said call back in a couple of months and hung up.

Is there another way to contact them instead of the Form 1/4 status line that they could clear this up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I submitted a form 4 a while back & the ATF just charged my card twice.

I waited a couple of days to see if it was just a pending error but now its there.  

I contacted the NFA branch and they just said call back in a couple of months and hung up.

Is there another way to contact them instead of the Form 1/4 status line that they could clear this up.
View Quote

So you mean that both charges are officially posted on your statement? No longer pending charges?

I'd issue a chargeback for one of the charges. Your CC company will side with you. It's BS that they asked you to call back in a few months.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So you mean that both charges are officially posted on your statement? No longer pending charges?

I'd issue a chargeback for one of the charges. Your CC company will side with you. It's BS that they asked you to call back in a few months.
View Quote

yep, I didn't automatically panic when I saw it pending, so I waited.

I'll be calling the LGS today to see if they sent in the other form for a suppressor (they had ran out of finger print cards and I haven't been back up there) I hope they didn't didn't send another form without the fingerprints.

I don't believe that's what happened I just want all the facts.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 2:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I see it as an opportunity for the ATF to believe it is ok to cancel your form since they aren't willing to admit that it's an error.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top