Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2017 2:19:46 PM EDT
Anyone here used/using a trust from Silencer Shop?
Just wondering how they are performing for everyone.

The lawyer that did my original trust has been non-responsive
to being paid to amend my current trust. Might as well start
over.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 2:39:03 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are seeking to amend a current trust that already has assets in it (NFA assets), you're  likely better off having a lawyer amend it rather than setting up an additional trust. I understand you have tried reaching out to the original attorney with no joy. If you haven't called him/her dieectly, I suggest you do. I've seen email inquiries get lost, but phone calls get attention from any responsible attorney.

If they still ignore you, get another one to help. HTF would be your best bet to find a good one local to you.

Two trusts don't hurt, but one is easier to manage for you and the beneficiaris in the long run.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are seeking to amend a current trust that already has assets in it (NFA assets), you're  likely better off having a lawyer amend it rather than setting up an additional trust. I understand you have tried reaching out to the original attorney with no joy. If you haven't called him/her dieectly, I suggest you do. I've seen email inquiries get lost, but phone calls get attention from any responsible attorney.

If they still ignore you, get another one to help. HTF would be your best bet to find a good one local to you.

Two trusts don't hurt, but one is easier to manage for you and the beneficiaris in the long run.

YMMV
View Quote

I'll check into another lawyer. Forgive my ignorance but what is HTF ?

The original trust is revocable but im guessing a transfer fee would apply if they were moved to a new trust ?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:20:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of their trusts. No problem so far with 5 or 6 items.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anyone here used/using a trust from Silencer Shop?
Just wondering how they are performing for everyone.

The lawyer that did my original trust has been non-responsive
to being paid to amend my current trust. Might as well start
over.
View Quote

Another forum vendor, Capitol Armory, has an option that allows you to amend your current trust.  I'm not sure if the SS trust has that option.

I was going to have a new trust done for future purchases, but after speaking with CA I went with amending my current, "lawyer-done" trust.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:49:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quite curious about their new "Single shot trust".
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 9:35:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:28:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn, the people in that thread made it a lot more confusing than it should be.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:42:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top