Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2017 7:47:04 AM EDT
I was reading through Fort Hood Reg 190-11 and it basically says that no one on post can posses class 3 items. Does anyone who has lived on post know if this extends to federally registered items?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:44:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I was reading through Fort Hood Reg 190-11 and it basically says that no one on post can posses class 3 items. Does anyone who has lived on post know if this extends to federally registered items?
View Quote
No you can posses them, just NOT on Hood.

w/o any dought, you can not have ANY MGs, shotguns under 18", rifles under 16", or cans in Hood. It has been a minute since I read 190-11, but I think AOW are covered too. 

You are free to call Jag, and the welcome center they will forward you weapons registration people and they will tell you no. 
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
That^

But you can have pistol uppers.

I know Benning allows suppressors if you are on the hog eradication team, I'm pretty sure you can have them on Stewart as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm at Hood as well but I live off post. I know you cant have them on post. I've never lived in post and I only have 3 guns registered to hunt with. Slim pickings for nice ranges in the area too.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Hmm after reading that I wonder why they authorized some of what they have for our group.  I have personally brought SBR's onto post as well as others I know bringing at least a dozen MG's onto post as well.  We did go through the registration process via the front gate.  

Not sure if it was a little extra pull with our group and the LtCol who started the group, Ft Hood Historic Military Vehicle Rally.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmm after reading that I wonder why they authorized some of what they have for our group.  I have personally brought SBR's onto post as well as others I know bringing at least a dozen MG's onto post as well.  We did go through the registration process via the front gate.  

Not sure if it was a little extra pull with our group and the LtCol who started the group, Ft Hood Historic Military Vehicle Rally.
View Quote
More then likely lack of knowegle by the person doing the paper work.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably this. With myself frequenting the range on a weekly basis it would be a matter of time before I got inspected at the gate and then summarily jacked up.

I just found this surprising because this is the first time I have specifically seen something like this in writing. I have never encountered a rule like this before at Ft Wainwright, Malmstrom AFB when I was recruiting or at Ft Lewis when I was there.

I would have figured there would be a specific exemption for legally possessed items.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm at Hood as well but I live off post. I know you cant have them on post. I've never lived in post and I only have 3 guns registered to hunt with. Slim pickings for nice ranges in the area too.
View Quote

I hope this post isn't going to blow. Basically all I do for free time is shoot and hunt. That's how I unwind from weeks of 0500-2000 (or later) dumb assery.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly this^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top