Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 12:47:01 PM EDT
Reading another thread on moving got me thinking about the situation I am in. I am purchasing an SBS from a local friend, Form 4 filed in May of 2016. Just recently my friend moved to a new home on the other side of town, same county different city.

Will the forms just get forwarded to their new address?

Thanks all.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:52:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe official mail like that cannot be forwarded but I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
NFA tax stamps are usually sent "Return Service Requested" which prohibits direct forwarding - they'll get sent back to ATF with a notification of the new address, if one is known.

So it should not get forwarded, though it may show up a couple months later at the new address, depending on how fast ATF processes RSR returned mail.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NFA tax stamps are usually sent "Return Service Requested" which prohibits direct forwarding - they'll get sent back to ATF with a notification of the new address, if one is known.

So it should not get forwarded, though it may show up a couple months later at the new address, depending on how fast ATF processes RSR returned mail.
View Quote

Thank you.
So I just need to keep following up with ATF then? How do I get the stamp?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thank you.
So I just need to keep following up with ATF then? How do I get the stamp?
View Quote

Once approved, if it doesn't show up within 30 days you can request a certified copy
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok thank you. Adds more time to the entire process but not a game changer.

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Seller needs to notify ATF of the address change.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 11:21:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Is there a specific form for that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top