Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/6/2017 10:17:03 PM EDT
What happens if you move while you have a Form 1 sitting in waiting up in Virginia?

Can I just call them and let them know or what?

Not changing states but I am moving up a county if it matters.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Paper or eFile?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:53:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Paper or eFile?
View Quote

Paper.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Technically they will likely tell you to cancel and re-file.  This of course sucks because it moves you to the back of the line.

Your approval or disapproval will be returned by mail to the address on the form 1, and the USPS will not forward correspondance from the ATF to your new address, so unless you are on good terms with the current resident there, it will be lost at that point.

After a time you can call to inquire the status of your form.  If it is approved, you can request a certified copy of the form mailed to your new address, but it will not have a physical stamp, if you value that, but is still valid.

After all that, when you actually build your SBR, be sure the city/state engraved is where you actually assemble it, and while it's not required since you moved intrastate, the ATF would request you file a form 5320.20 for change of address to keep the registry up to date.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn. I don't know if I could have made up a shittier answer myself.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually I just ask them today what would happen.The answer was if it has not been approved call them with new address and they will send it to new address
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
My trust's address is listed as my parent's house in Colorado (I have them listed as trustees as well). Last June, I sent off a form 1 to SBR my SCAR, and the stamp just came back to the trust's address. However, in the intervening 8 months, I moved to Alabama and form 20ed all of my SBRs at the time to bring them with me. My 16" barreled SCAR is with me in Alabama, but the stamp went to Colorado. Do I need to form 20 the SCAR to "move" it to Alabama before rebarreling it, and should it be marked

MY TRUST
MY CITY CO

MY TRUST
MY CITY AL

When I get it engraved?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top