Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2016 10:18:36 AM EDT
ATF confirmed with me that they received my paperwork and check at the WV branch on 7/11/16. (I know that it was suppose to go to Atlanta now but it was my first SBR form I ever did and my dealer gave me an old form that stated it needed to be mailed to WV and he told me to mail it there.) Anyways I've been in contact with Mary at the ATF a few times regarding this issue.  She told me today that their people just got done with July 11th forms approximately 5 weeks ago and they are now on July 18th so they sent the check to their Atlanta branch to be cashed approximately 5 weeks ago. I checked online and called my bank but the check hasn't been cleared/cashed yet.  I have done suppressors in the past so I know what to look for.  Today Mary told me to wait another 4 weeks to see if it clears.  Has anyone had an issue like this before?  I'm not sure what to do other than wait and see but with it being 4 1/2 month now I'm getting worried. She also stated that if it does clear or get cashed that I will still be in the pile of forms for July 11th and not sent back to the waiting list. Does that sound right or is she blowing smoke up my ass?  

On a side note dealing with Mary from the ATF has been good. I tried talking to a few others but they were of no help.

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:50:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes I've been watching like a hawk by bank account. I've done suppressors before so I know what to look for. As poor as I am I'll know when I'm short $200
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#3]
anyone?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
anyone?
View Quote
Does the NFA Branch show it as pending in their system? If so, don't worry about it. They'll get around to cashing it eventually.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 12:51:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
anyone?
View Quote

I'm in the same situation. Form was delivered to WV address on July 11th (I have proof of delivery). Sent to the wrong address, my mistake for using old forms. Check is still not cashed. I even called the bank to make sure there wasn't some error showing me I have more $$ in my account than really is.. 
I've been calling the ATF for the past two months every few weeks. I just want someone to confirm they have my packet. It's not pending, and or entered into the system, so it doesn't exist to them. The guy who called today said it's probably in the July pile somewhere as they got 150K submissions before the cut off date. He told me to call back at the end of Dec
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It took them 2 months to cash one of mine, so if it helps it does happen to other people from time to time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 3:15:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I called today and it's apparently not in there system... Serial number couldn't be found and my checks still not deposited.  And Mary whom I've been speaking to is no longer working there anymore. So the one person that did tell me what I know is gone. I guess I'm just fucked
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 4:06:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well I called today and it's apparently not in there system... Serial number couldn't be found and my checks still not deposited.  And Mary whom I've been speaking to is no longer working there anymore. So the one person that did tell me what I know is gone. I guess I'm just fucked
View Quote

Do not worry. I sent a form 1 paper file in early July and I had been calling every other week only for them to keep telling me my serial wasn't coming up and they had no record of it. Then two weeks ago I called again and they said my check was cashed in mid July and it is pending. So there is a huge delay right now. I am sure you will have a similar outcome.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 6:16:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I called today, and it's still not in the system. Laura with whom I spoke, put me over to her supervisors voicemail, and am waiting a return call next week. I haven't given up hope, but I'm assuming at this point it got lost or put in the wrong pile. 
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 12:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
i resubmitted mine. sent everything in the mail to atlanta monday and check was cashed this morning (friday)
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i resubmitted mine. sent everything in the mail to atlanta monday and check was cashed this morning (friday)
View Quote
Did they allow you to resubmit under pre 41F rules, or did you just decide to resubmit yourself? I figured one last call was going to happen before I resubmitted, but Laura told me to wait until her boss calls me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 4:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Well it's jumping up the chain. Tracy called, and took down more info (check #, bank #, date, tracking #, etc) and they are now actively looking for mine.  Lady who transfers it to GA says she never logged it in, so maybe it's in a pile somewhere in the mail room. (Have tracking proof it got there)
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#13]
maybe they will find mine while there looking for yours
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Man you guys need to forget that you purchased this stuff otherwise it will drive you nuts.  I purchase all of mine with a cashiers check for this reason.  Money is out of my account and I have one less thing to worry about.  They show you as in process so don't worry.  Ive heard of guys not having the check converted until a week or two before approval.  This is the government we are talking about.  Forget you made the purchase, that's truly the best thing you can do for now.  Get excited when you get around the average wait time, that's when it really sucks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Man you guys need to forget that you purchased this stuff otherwise it will drive you nuts.  I purchase all of mine with a cashiers check for this reason.  Money is out of my account and I have one less thing to worry about.  They show you as in process so don't worry.  Ive heard of guys not having the check converted until a week or two before approval.  This is the government we are talking about.  Forget you made the purchase, that's truly the best thing you can do for now.  Get excited when you get around the average wait time, that's when it really sucks!
View Quote
Nope mine is gone. I got a couple chains up the ladder, and a reconciliation team was put together. The mailroom lady who is supposed to record the receipts, claim she never checked in one with that tracking number. Payment Processing never got a check with my details. I have proof it was delivered to the mail room, so now the ball is in their court. I'll know more in a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope mine is gone. I got a couple chains up the ladder, and a reconciliation team was put together. The mailroom lady who is supposed to record the receipts, claim she never checked in one with that tracking number. Payment Processing never got a check with my details. I have proof it was delivered to the mail room, so now the ball is in their court. I'll know more in a couple weeks.
View Quote

That really sucks if that is the case.  With them getting so freaking over loaded with pre 41F I guess it was going to happen with a few.  Sorry to hear that
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:39:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That really sucks if that is the case.  With them getting so freaking over loaded with pre 41F I guess it was going to happen with a few.  Sorry to hear that
View Quote
We'll see what happens. I sent them a new check and then a copy of the original form.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top