Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 12:32:23 PM EDT
Hey guys, I ordered a trust online before July 2016. However I didn't do anything with it except get it notarized.

Anyway both my father and myself are on it and I'm ready to buy a silencer.

From what I know everyone on it needs to have passport photos, fingerprints, and a background check.

My question is, how do I get the background check, how much does it cost, and how long does it take?

And it is just 1 time per trust member or is it every time I buy a class 3 item?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The fingerprint cards and photos are part of the submission. They are used for the ATF to have the background check done. You are not a part of that process. These need to be submitted for each NFA item acquired.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok so basically when I go to purchase the silencer.

I bring my trust, my dads photos and fingerprints, and then also my photos and fingerprints.

Then fill out the form, submit and pay $200, and the process is taken care of and I just wait?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bring my trust, my dads photos and fingerprints, and then also my photos and fingerprints.

Then fill out the form, submit and pay $200, and the process is taken care of and I just wait?
View Quote

Depends on your dealer. Some will help you do the paperwork. Some will send you on your own to submit it
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Your dad will need to sign a 5320.23 (responsible person form).

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Is there any benefit of a trust anymore?

From what I know it's mainly just for sharing right?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes, sharing is the main benefit for most people still using them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top