Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2016 4:52:10 PM EDT
My dealer set up an account and ordered from an out of state manufacturer for me. An AOW - TAC2 Super Shotty.

Ordered and paid for the first part of May.

Mid October and nothing yet.

From what I understood manufacturer to dealer transfers take a month or so....  I understand with the post-41F....there is a lot more to process.

At 5+ months.... Should I be worried? Have my dealer check to see what is going on? Or...calm down, pour some whiskey, and wait a while longer?

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
You are assuming that Serbu had the gun made and ready to Form 3, which I can almost guarantee they did not.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are assuming that Serbu had the gun made and ready to Form 3, which I can almost guarantee they did not.
View Quote

Makes sense. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Your dealer can see if the item is in their inventory, and if so, it means you're waiting on the form 3 to make it's way back to the manufacturer. Once THAT happens, they can actually send it. If it isn't in their inventory, you're still waiting for the form 3 to process.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 1:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Your dealer can see if the item is in their inventory, and if so, it means you're waiting on the form 3 to make it's way back to the manufacturer. Once THAT happens, they can actually send it. If it isn't in their inventory, you're still waiting for the form 3 to process.
View Quote

Thank you Sir.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Makes sense. Thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. Thanks.

Is the tac2 a serbu model? If so then yeah, you'll be waiting. Guy is an asshole and takes forever. If it was me I'd cancel the serbu and order a safety harbor.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is the tac2 a serbu model? If so then yeah, you'll be waiting. Guy is an asshole and takes forever. If it was me I'd cancel the serbu and order a safety harbor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. Thanks.

This is from Tactical Advantage Concepts 2000 (TAC2) out of East Tennessee. This basically is a Serbu/Safety Harbor super shorty, but made from one of the Black Aces 500 magazine fed receivers so it takes Saiga type magazines.

TAC2 "Super Shotty"
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This is from Tactical Advantage Concepts 2000 (TAC2) out of East Tennessee. This basically is a Serbu/Safety Harbor super shorty, but made from one of the Black Aces 500 magazine fed receivers so it takes Saiga type magazines.

TAC2 "Super Shotty"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Makes sense. Thanks.

TAC2 "Super Shotty"

Then I'd be pretty pissed and want to know what's up. Do they have an excessive lead time?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#8]
When I had first ordered.... their response is the gun would be done before the Form3 approval went through.

I'll have my dealer check up with them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top