Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2016 5:15:32 PM EDT
I'm localish to Knob Creek. I got the mailer for the 2016 October shoot and noticed that NFACTA had their meeting the Thursday before the shoot and it was open to the public.

Is there anyone here who has been to an NFACTA meeting? Any NFACTA members?

The NFACTA is getting mixed reviews right now. They pushed for 41p/f and also instigated 29p. I'm debating if I should take off of work and attend the meeting and just listen in and find out what they're up to.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think anyone knows who NFATCA's members are. If you go, find out exactly WHO in the industry they represent.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
i think it'd be worth your time. IMO this very well may be a shadow anti-2A organization. No pro gun people would push 41P, that's for damn sure. If you wanted to get rid of the the CLEO sig, you could have just asked for that...no need to hoist a bunch of BS on trusts. Those clowns can 'suck it' as far as I'm concerned.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#3]
FUK NFACTA
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't think anyone knows who NFATCA's members are. If you go, find out exactly WHO in the industry they represent.
View Quote

One of their executives is president of HK, so there's that.. "you suck and we hate you" seems to fit
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And that is all that the NFATCA asked for: Dropping the CLEO sig requirement because it is no longer needed with the advent of NICS.

But DOJ/ATF decided to instead add pix/prints for EVERYONE.

NFATCA did not ask for that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i think it'd be worth your time. IMO this very well may be a shadow anti-2A organization. No pro gun people would push 41P, that's for damn sure. If you wanted to get rid of the the CLEO sig, you could have just asked for that...no need to hoist a bunch of BS on trusts. Those clowns can 'suck it' as far as I'm concerned.

And that is all that the NFATCA asked for: Dropping the CLEO sig requirement because it is no longer needed with the advent of NICS.

Do you have a source that shows that? Reason I ask, is here's ATF's version:
The proposed regulations responded to a petition for rulemaking, dated December 3, 2009, filed on behalf of the NationalFirearms Act Trade and Collectors Association (NFATCA). The petitioner requested that the Department amend§§ 479.63 and 479.85, as well as corresponding Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) Forms 1 and 4. 78 FR at 55016-55017. The proposed regulations were intended to conform the identification and background check requirements applicable to certain trusts and legal entities to those that apply to individuals.

Sure sounds to me like they wanted photos, fingerprints and background checks across the board.

Then again-
NFATCA also submitted a public comment to the rulemaking, stating that the proposed rule bears little resemblance to its petition, or to changes that NFATCA discussed with ATF

So what did they really ask for in those discussions?
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sure sounds to me like they wanted photos, fingerprints and background checks across the board.

Then again-

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The proposed regulations responded to a petition for rulemaking, dated December 3, 2009, filed on behalf of the NationalFirearms Act Trade and Collectors Association (NFATCA). The petitioner requested that the Department amend§§ 479.63 and 479.85, as well as corresponding Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) Forms 1 and 4. 78 FR at 55016-55017. The proposed regulations were intended to conform the identification and background check requirements applicable to certain trusts and legal entities to those that apply to individuals.

Then again-
NFATCA also submitted a public comment to the rulemaking, stating that the proposed rule bears little resemblance to its petition, or to changes that NFATCA discussed with ATF

If Nolo has his way we'll be finding out in the next month or so.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If Nolo has his way we'll be finding out in the next month or so.
View Quote

I've only met him once.  He seems like a nice guy and he's trying to fight the good fight, but I don't hold out a whole lot of hope that DOJ/ATF will be forthcoming with any useful documents.

I plan on trying to make the meeting to see what it's all about.

I gave the NFATCA guys my opinion at their booth at the NRA show in either Nashville or Indy and, at that point, the guys in the booth were still pretty well on board with the full 41P.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

So you're saying that all NFATCA did was attempt to remove the CLEO requirement while not proposing in anyway, other changes. If so, would you then agree that NFATCA never mentioned trusts being a tool for prohibited persons to obtain NFA items.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 8:27:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They asked for more than that.

They also threw trust owners under the bus by trading CLEO for prints/Photos on business entities. NFA is exempt from NICS by law, so even ATF could not fix that.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_17/406342_It_s_Official__CLEO_Certification_To_Be_Required_For_Trusts_Corps.html
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#12]

Meeting info from the flyer. HTH
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://www.nfatca.org/about.htm

Who We Are
Officers, Board Members

•John Brown, President - Northpoint Response Group
•Curt Wolf , Vice President - US Armament Corp
•Jeff Folloder, Executive Director, Sec/Treasurer

Additional Board Members
•Robert Landies - Ohio Ordnance Works
•Wayne Weber - Heckler & Koch USA
•Robert Segel - Small Arms Review

Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who We Are
Officers, Board Members

Additional Board Members

If that is WHO they represent in the industry, then they don't represent the industry. I'm not asking who is on the board, I'm asking who in the industry they "represent".
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 1:13:26 AM EDT
[#15]
FUK them
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:52:22 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who We Are
Officers, Board Members

Additional Board Members

I have already started my personal boycott of those companies.  I was going to buy a HK and went with another M&P instead.  Fuck them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top