Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2016 11:49:23 AM EDT
Just got a form1 with error letter. I mailed out forms the first week of April, and wasn't really expecting anything for awhile with all the back log.

has anyone heard anything recently about time after error letter return until approval?

Error was a stupid one. Apparently I read "country" and form said "county" - You'd think I would have caught that but oh well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a stupid thing also that got my form 1s kicked back for correction. the other 5 forms I sent over the years, no issues. but on this one I forgot to write in MODEL NUMBER, on both forms!  the form already had the registry number stamped on it

after I wrote the model number   in and mailed it off, it came back in less then 2 weeks
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I had an error letter a few years ago (the CLEO signer wrote in something they didn't like) and it only took a couple weeks to get them back approved.

I just didn't know if that was still the trend.

My CC was charged on 4/8 so if these come back in a couple weeks I will be thrilled.

I didn't anticipate seeing these until Halloween or Thanksgiving with the 41p craziness.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Are the forms supposed to come back with the letter?  I got a letter today for a form 4, but the forms weren't in the envelope.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Forms should go back to transferor with the letter. The ATF often sends a copy of the error letter to the transferee as well, but no forms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are the forms supposed to come back with the letter?  I got a letter today for a form 4, but the forms weren't in the envelope.

Forms should go back to transferor with the letter. The ATF often sends a copy of the error letter to the transferee as well, but no forms.

Great. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought errors went back to the back of the line. That's what happened to me, as well as many others.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:35:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I thought errors went back to the back of the line. That's what happened to me, as well as many others.
View Quote

EForm errors send you back to the line to resubmit.  Paper forms can be corrected and sent back without losing your place in line.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I just got a letter about my form 4.
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, it has been almost a month and they aren't back yet
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Call the ATF tomorrow. I got my error letter about a month ago. My dealer swears he sent the corrected forms back right after he got the letter.  Today, the ATF told me they never got the corrected forms.  Either USPS lost them or ATF misplaced them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Any update?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

BTW, make sure your dealer knows about the error letter. I got one ("courtesy letter") but my dealer didn't get the real error letter until 2 days before the stamp arrived because we sent corrected forms based on my error letter a month earlier.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 3:11:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Any update?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any update?

I called, they told me they had the forms back and waiting on the examiner to get to them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 11:29:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Funny you say that...the 5320.20 actual has "country" on the from side and "county" on the to side.

Error letter generally means they have it in their to-do pile. Usually approved within a week or so of when they get it back...unless they have the research assistants going through them much earlier than normal due to backlog.
View Quote

I asked this about week ago.. An error pile makes me happy. Scary to think of going to the end of the line
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top