Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Regardless if it is required to carry a copy of your stamps, you know it can't hurt anything. Its no skin off your teeth, just carry them in some fashion and it could save your some headache. When my stuff all gets approved, I will carry a copy in my bags.

Side story: A few years back I was shooting at the NRA head quarters range in Northern Virginia. Guy in the next lane was shooting suppressed hand guns. Mid way through my session, one of the RSO's comes over to the guy and asks him if you had his paperwork for his supressors, which he said he did. Then the RSO said he should have informed them. The guys said sorry, and that was it. RSO went away. I never noticed any signage about that, nor remember signing anything that said to declare NFA. Its the NRA building for Christ sake. Are they verifying every gone is not stolen and no one has a criminal record too? Moral of the story, people can be D-bags anywhere. Carry your paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, you could always transfer your stamp to a T-shirt, and wear that to the range....
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And you must register your sbr as a pistol if it is under 26 inches
View Quote

So ATF says it's a rifle, but state says it's a pistol? I don't understand that one.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So ATF says it's a rifle, but state says it's a pistol? I don't understand that one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And you must register your sbr as a pistol if it is under 26 inches

As an example, in Alabama a pistol is defined as "Any firearm with a barrel less than 12 inches in length."

Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
So who wins? Fed or state?

Reason I ask, in WA you can conceal pistols on your person/in your vehicle if you have a CPL. Otherwise, in the vehicle they're unloaded. So can you have a loaded SBR in Alabama, with a concealed-carry permit?
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a state requirement not a federal or atf rule.  Two laws are unrelated and michigan measures sbr's to the shortest configuration (collapsed evo stock) and the atf is the long configuration (evo stock unfolded). So I raise you .

The benefit being I can carry a loaded sbr in my car if the shortest configuration is under 26" as it is considered a pistol in michigan.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
benefit being I can carry a loaded sbr in my car if the shortest configuration is under 26" as it is considered a pistol in michigan.
View Quote

Agreed. That is the part I like.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I keep folded up copies in rifle case. Mine are .pdf's since I E-filed.  Can print all the originals I might need.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

So who wins? Fed or state?

Reason I ask, in WA you can conceal pistols on your person/in your vehicle if you have a CPL. Otherwise, in the vehicle they're unloaded. So can you have a loaded SBR in Alabama, with a concealed-carry permit?
View Quote
That is correct. It is a pistol under Alabama law.

But I don't. I keep one in the trunk.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 5:37:34 PM EDT
[#10]
In the before time - the long, long ago, I used to keep a copy in the buttstock or pistol grip of every NFA firearm, and a folder of copies in my shooting bag.

Now I just keep digital copies in the cloud accessible from my phone or computer. The paper (where applicable) originals are in my safe.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 3:36:39 AM EDT
[#11]
I would never let an LEO near my phone or electronic device.

I live three miles from my Class III friendly range. I see and shoot with LEO's all the time never had a problem.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I keep folded up copies of my stamps in a range bag that has a pouch for manuals but I damn sure ain't keeping a copy of my 30 page trust in there.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top