Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2016 10:27:22 AM EDT
My dealer supposedly mailed off a request for a certified copy 2 weeks ago and I'm wondering with the influx of paperwork at the examiners office if I'm in for a few more months of waiting. Has anybody requested a copy recently?
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Not recently, but early last year when things were normal, it took 2 months. I did not request certified copies, and just received photocopies, which was fine. This was for about 12 items though, going back to 2004.

Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#2]
3 weeks back in April.

Here is what I did

Call the NFA Branch, get the name of the person who answered your call, ask if you can fax the request attention to her.

I don't have a fax so she gave me the email address for the nfa fax line(yeah, I know....)

here is the address:  [email protected]

in the subject line, put ATTN: XXX(whoever the name is in your case).

Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 11:24:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Literally as I typed this my dealer texted me saying my stamp came in. I'm a moran
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Literally as I typed this my dealer texted me saying my stamp came in. I'm a moran
View Quote

Nah man. Congrats! We all have a lot of money and time invested. So whats your stamp for?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nah man. Congrats! We all have a lot of money and time invested. So whats your stamp for?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man, its been frustrating for me it was 47 days from approval to delivery. Its for a Griffin Armament 30SD. Its my first rifle can and I'm beyond excited
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

So he got it in the mail - on a Sunday?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said he got it in late Saturday night. He runs his shop out of his house hence the sunday pickup. Honestly the dude was a good guy overall
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top