Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 12:53:18 AM EDT
Is it possible to put "see attached list" in block 7 and then just have a spreadsheet attached listing a bunch of locations?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
nfa gurus?  
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
nfa gurus?  
View Quote

You really only need one address per state.
How many states do you plan to travel too with your NFA items in the next year?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 5:00:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Multiple addresses for the same state. I know people say you only need 1 address, but if your one address is 5 miles inside the state border and you get pinched at a range that is 200 miles across the border, how could one really argue that they're transporting your nfa item to the place just across the border? I'd rather just attach a spreadsheet with a handful of ranges I might go to...kinda spread out throughout the state.

Would ATF approve it? I suppose alternatively I could just send a stack of them with just one location each.
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 7:16:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because the title of the form includes "interstate"...there's no approval required for "intrastate". You're just need permission to enter the state, and to have the ATF say it's legal to have that firearm in the destination state.

For that matter, pick a Walmart/Bass Pro/sporting goods store/McDonalds/gas station, right across the border. Somewhere you'd always stop for a biscuit, box of ammo, or gas. Then proceed on to your shooting location.

I just pick a range in the state.
View Quote

This is what I did, just found a range nearby and put that down.

Also for what its worth, I sent off two 5320.20 forms on 7/31 and they were approved 9 days later and had them in hand on the 17th I think. So turnaround times for the 5320.20 forms are pretty damn quick. Be sure you submit two copies of the form/read the instructions on the form before sending them off.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For that matter, pick a Walmart/Bass Pro/sporting goods store/McDonalds/gas station, right across the border. Somewhere you'd always stop for a biscuit, box of ammo, or gas. Then proceed on to your shooting location.

I just pick a range in the state.
View Quote

I have approved 5320.20s for the NC rest stop northbound on 77 into Charlotte. Another one for a Dunkin' Doughnuts on 521, and another for CR-PC. Those are three convenient ways I'd get into NC from SC. As long as I stop at any of those all further travel is intrastate.

My reading is that I am required to transport the NFA item interstate to one of the approved locations though (even if transport to in-state points beyond isn't a federal matter), which is why I cover multiple routes into the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top