Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2016 1:40:12 PM EDT
a) Hypothetically, lets say I want to submit 8-10 forms all at once... has there been any clarification on the ATF wanting two sets of prints for EACH form submission

b) Do they have to be inked fingerprint cards or is there some sort of way to just print off digitally scanned fingerprints?

I know the sticky mentions each form needs prints, but has this been verified? Not that inked or digital prints are any more or less of a hassle... but printing off 20 sets of digital prints is WAY easier that sitting around and manually getting inked 20 times. If I were a LE agency and someone came to get printed 20 consecutive times, I'd be very annoyed. It seems silly to me that if a submission packet has forms all for the same transferee that a single set of fingerprint cards should suffice (or at least be able to be photocopied by the ATF office, if necessary).
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
a) I haven't seen written clarification from ATF, but I've sent just one set, with up to 4 forms, on several occasions and they were all approved. Many others have successfully done this as well. I have not heard of a problem caused by only one set.

b) There are numerous methods to print scanned fingerprints. LE agencies typically use AFIS machines. They can scan you and then print as many copies as they want. I don't see any reason why you cannot do the same thing from home.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:56:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The only answer I've seen from the ATF is two per form, and that was from multiple people (including a dealer) asking them.

Until somebody does it the old way and reports back that they had the forms sent back asking for more prints, we won't know.
View Quote
Instruction 2g on the old and new form is identical except for the box number for the photo placement, so I would think one set of cards would be acceptable.

Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top