Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/16/2016 12:34:29 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on stopping, but then Dead Air started teasing their new AK can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Never say never, but there's a pretty good chance I'm done.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:34:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It's literally easier to file an Individual stamp compared to previous law. The only people this severely impacts are those who abused the trust backdoor and have ridiculous amounts of people listed on their NFA trust.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's literally easier to file an Individual stamp compared to previous law. The only people this severely impacts are those who abused the trust backdoor and have ridiculous amounts of people listed on their NFA trust.
View Quote

Pretty much, while I am not a fan of restricting the 2nd amendment, arguments for unrestricted access to regulated weapons through a trust is a difficult position to defend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
deleted
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:20:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope still have one pending but not done. Just have to figure out where I will end up for a new job first before I file.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not going to stop.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I am pretty-well stocked now, so when I finally get all my stamps back- unless the industry has REALLY had some breakthrough advancements and "just GOTTA have it" really dont plan on buying much else.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Pretty much, while I am not a fan of restricting the 2nd amendment, arguments for unrestricted access to regulated weapons through a trust is a difficult position to defend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm not going to stop.
View Quote

This. I really don't have a choice, cans at the dealer need F4s
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.pmslweb.com/the-blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/11-an-expert-at-not-knowing-wtf-you-re-talking-about-ecard.jpg

Agreed. It's very dismaying to see those types of opinion expressed here. They're entitled to them, but give me a fucking break! "We abused the system!? Get the fuck out with that bullshit and get a job with the ATF!! Ughh.

On topic though. I thought I might dip my feet back in for the Dead Air Wolverine, but I'm starting to doubt that. At 16 cans and 8 SBR's 1 SBS and 1 SMG across the spectrum of calibers, I don't feel an overwhelming urge to jump through the new hoops. I won't say no, but I doubt it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Will be getting more cans in the future.

I filed a bunch of Eforms to make SBRs as that would be the biggest thing I would miss with 41F going into effect. Other than an MP5SD, there isn't too much out there that I want to SBR/SBS.

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
Really, how many form1s have you efiled for SBRs and DIY suppressors?

Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Unrestricted acces? This is completely false. If you are a prohibited person, you are prohibited, being listed as a trustee, does not give you a pass from existing regulations regarding prohibited persons. There is nothing to defend, in that matter.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#16]
For awhile at least. 41F is a load of shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I should be good for awhile, I can already suppress anything 308 or smaller, but there are still a few SBRs I wouldn't mind having.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Give up machine gun transfers, suppressors, and sbr's over a photoshoot and some bureaucratic fingerpainting? I think not!

NO RAIN ON THIS MAN's PARADE! Also, seven tax stamps sounds much better than six. Plus, the inventory updates keep my trust lawyer sharp.

Now let me get back to my Saturday evening margarita. Its 5'oclock in my area of good ole 'Murica.

Over and out.
-Charlie
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Suppressors are the only thing I'll want. I'll skip the sbr bullshit and build pistols.

I'm also going to wait for the backlog to drop and then I might buy some cans. Or I might build....
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:25:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Done with form 1's at the very least. IF I buy anything from
here on out it will be filed as individual and factory made.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm not going to say I will stop, but I will be more selective as to what I will buy.

No more impulse filing 2-3 receivers.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#22]
No way am I done.  However, I did load up pretty thoroughly over the last three years or so.  I've been buying steadily ever since the first winds of 41P started blowing.

I'm comfortably set for a while.  I'm content to let others be the trailblazers of the new post-41F system.  By the time I'm feeling the need to dive back in again, it will all be routine.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 6:52:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I just gotta do one more suppressor just because our local Sheriff would have never signed off on an individual before.

Now the notification is kind of a "nyah nyah can't stop me!"

I've been handed lemons, may was well make lemonade.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Honestly I'm going to need to dump a chunk of change into actually completing the SBRs I've submitted.
That's not to mention Title 1 guns like a Mk12, maybe another pistol host, get a threaded barrel for my M&P9 and finish my 1911 makeover.
Then you start talking ammo to actually start enjoying these purchases
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't plan on getting anything else. If 41F was not in effect, I would.

Prints and pics for things that should be available over the counter(cans) seems crazy to me.

Have the calibers I shoot pretty well covered. That Dead Air AK can does look good though.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:38:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to stop probably for the rest of the year and if anything that is a must have then I will consider it.  I've spend a considerable amount in a short time to beat 41p.  Hopefully the hearing protection act will go through one day.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#27]
The only reason I'll stop for now is because of the backlog.  I'm waiting on a my last form from March, and I'm done for a while.  Everyone treated the system like the sky was falling, such a shame.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:59:17 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm just getting started.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:19:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Why would you stop?

In MD I did individul route which meant the state police would have your paperwork for a month prior to sending it to the ATF.

Now its easier.

All you guys with trusts will stop buying just because you have to file fingerprints?

Sounds like you are going along with their plans.

Oh well. Shorter wait for me either way.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2 years of efiling forms made you impatient.

You act like it was always like that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:00:45 AM EDT
[#31]
6 sbr's 10 cans.  i think im good.  got pretty much everything i want.  i dont have any interest in machine guns at the prices they are going for.  let alone the cost of ammo now adays.  pretty much everything i want at this point is title 1 stuff.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am pretty happy that I don't have to deal with my sheriff anymore. The employees were great but the whole process was a pain in the ass and expensive. If there is a mainstream way for me to do digital prints on demand like the Silencershop kiosk in the future it will all be gravy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:12:57 AM EDT
[#33]
I have two suppressors and honestly don't want anymore. One of them will fit a variety of pistols and the other is a dedicated 5.56 can as I have no desire for a .308/7.62 rifle.

But who knows, maybe years down the road I'll want another one.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#34]
By all means I hope all of you walk away so the rest of us don't have to wait so long.

I am pretty sure none of it will matter as the industry will continue to grow rapidly and there are plenty of people who were in places where they couldn't get a signature and now they don't need one so those are new customers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:21:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Im not really walking away, more just there isnt anything that is out there that i really want right now.  the one thing i WILL probably get is a maxim 9.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#36]
I will continue to add items as I see fit.

The wait will be longer still if one waits for the backlog to clear.

I'm stalking the NFA forums in hopes Ted posts some comments on the influx.

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm not stopping but I won't be adding any new stamps until the backlog from the panic buying has cleared up. There's not point buying things you have to wait years to pick up.
View Quote

This.

The local dealers will be familiar with the process and hopefully it will speed things up.. Sadly... In the long run
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm done for now - my bank account can't take any more damage.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm done for now - my bank account can't take any more damage.
View Quote

I am interested to see if the rush backlog goes away or if all the new customers are enough to keep it up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:59:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:08:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

same.

I'm done.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm never done, but will likely take a break for a while.  Not because of 41f requirements, could care less, just a extra hoops to jump through.  It's NFA, you are already jumping through hoops, what are a couple more?
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Going to submit as an individual now rather than as a trust.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Not stopping but I will be delaying for a while. Both due to the backlog and due to the fact that I'm going to be paying for a wedding sometime in the next year or so. Not going to be able to afford any new toys for a while. As far as additional hassle, sure it sucks but in my situation the only other person on my trust is my fiance so I don't have to collect paperwork from  a bunch of different people. Don't get me wrong, I really wish they hadn't changed the rules but it's not going to stop me from buying what I want.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 6:11:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
No way am I done.  However, I did load up pretty thoroughly over the last three years or so.  I've been buying steadily ever since the first winds of 41P started blowing.

I'm comfortably set for a while.  I'm content to let others be the trailblazers of the new post-41F system.  By the time I'm feeling the need to dive back in again, it will all be routine.
View Quote

Same here, been through so many 41P/F scares, I bought plenty including a couple cans I would not have if I knew I had more time for new products to come out.   Esp. the short pistol cans.  So I will probably deal with the new system for an Octane 9K.  

But unless some new revolutionary suppressor technology comes out that is either substantially quieter or substantially smaller while maintaining full size performance, both of which I doubt, the majority of my NFA buying is behind me.

Maybe there will be a new large market in integrated guns like the Maxim 9, in which case I might see quite a few more purchases.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 8:35:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Same here, been through so many 41P/F scares, I bought plenty including a couple cans I would not have if I knew I had more time for new products to come out.   Esp. the short pistol cans.  So I will probably deal with the new system for an Octane 9K.  

But unless some new revolutionary suppressor technology comes out that is either substantially quieter or substantially smaller while maintaining full size performance, both of which I doubt, the majority of my NFA buying is behind me.

Maybe there will be a new large market in integrated guns like the Maxim 9, in which case I might see quite a few more purchases.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

^ Omega 9K, to be exact.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#47]
It won't be that much more difficult once everyone understands the process.

Silencer Shop is coming out with innovative ways to make it easier. I would imagine a few other companies follow suit.

If you let this stop you, you make obama happy.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It won't be that much more difficult once everyone understands the process.

Silencer Shop is coming out with innovative ways to make it easier. I would imagine a few other companies follow suit.

If you let this stop you, you make obama happy.
View Quote

So if it make obama unhappy, then count me in.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't have much but I'm not fooling with the extra crap.  A small tax for a permission slip is hard enough to stomach
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:41:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Not likely since my prints are all ready on file just have to decide on what I want next.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top