Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2016 10:54:22 AM EDT
So I spent 4 hours getting a form 1 ready for an SBS, and I didn't have a check around... So I used my debit card info to pay via the paper form 1 on Tuesday.
Today, I get an email from Bank of America telling me that my card may or may not have been compromised, and that they sent me a new card. My old card stays active till July 26. I doubt that BATFE will have gotten to my application and processed the payment by then.

Bank of America told me to call back in a week and get a 1 week extension, but I don't think that will be enough.

So question: Anyone ever have their form 1 check bounce or credit card declined? Did BATFE allow you to correct the payment or did they flat out reject it?
I guess I could ask the experts now that eforms are back online, just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

And if Bank of America does cancel my card before I'm ready for them to, I will be closing all my accounts with them. They will know ahead of time as well.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:13:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Have you looked at your checking account online to see if there's a pending transaction for the payment? It sounds like BofA is just being extra cautious.

ETA: If the payment is rejected, your forms are returned without action, and you resubmit under the new rules.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
That sucks. On advantage of sending a money order I guess
I hope it works out for you
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you looked at your checking account online to see if there's a pending transaction for the payment? It sounds like BofA is just being extra cautious.  

ETA: If the payment is rejected, your forms are returned without action, and you resubmit under the new rules.
View Quote

Nothing looks suspicious on my account, they are just being cautious. Hence why I will be closing my account if they do this.
I will ask the experts if I can mail my check to them separately and avoid getting the forms sent back.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the debit was done before the 26th.
View Quote
Yeah, they're normally pretty quick about processing payments.  They cashed four out of my five checks today - I mailed them last Friday.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm keeping a close eye on the packet delivery (scheduled for tomorrow) and NFA tracker based on forms arrived/check cashed info. Probably depends on if my info arrives before those truckloads from Capitol Armory and Silencer Shop. It was in a bright blue bubble mailer - maybe it will catch their attention if it's not a linear type thing.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent a check just after 7/6 and it was cashed within 7 business days.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
My Debit payment got to them last Saturday. They hit the bank account yesterday, Wednesady, for $200.00

Greg
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Good to hear guys.
Hope they only slow down a couple days with all the submissions from Monday/Tuesday.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Delivered at 6:25 this morning to "Agent". Hopefully that beat the crowd. Or maybe it was on the truck with the crowd. Find out soon I guess.

Anyone buy form 4 from SS or Capitol Armory and pay atf via personal check to Batfe??
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 2:07:37 AM EDT
[#11]
I once bounced a check that was sent with a paper form 4.  They waited about 5-7 days and presented it to the bank again (when thankfully it went through).

I'm not sure if they contacted the dealer that filed the form 4 before re-submitting the check or if they just sent it in again as a matter of practice.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Never use the credit card payment option on paper forms.  The people the ATF have contracted to process payment don't care and if they fat finger the numbers they will not try again. Your forms will be sent back as "payment declined".  Also there has been several accounts of banks flagging the ATF form payment as fraud activity especially if you send multiple forms in at once.

Also send a check (business or personal) or a USPS money order.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Would have used a check had I had one available.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 8:35:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Never use the credit card payment option on paper forms.  The people the ATF have contracted to process payment don't care and if they fat finger the numbers they will not try again. Your forms will be sent back as "payment declined".
View Quote

I just had a form 4 returned for this very issue.  Now I have to submit post 41f
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 3:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I sent in a Form 4 with the credit card info on July 1st and the card still hasn't been charged.  I called my bank to see if there were any charges declined and they said there were not.  Not sure what's up, I've never had it take this long for a card to be charged.  I hope it is just due to high volume.  I'm going to be super disappoint if it is returned and will probably ask for my money back instead of refiling under the new rules.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, they're normally pretty quick about processing payments.  They cashed four out of my five checks today - I mailed them last Friday.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mailed mine on 7/12 and both were cleared on 7/18.

they dont wait to take your money bro...

I'd LOVE to know how much the ATF has collected this year for stamps.. YOU KNOW that they don't want to lose that revenue stream..
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I'd LOVE to know how much the ATF has collected this year for stamps.. YOU KNOW that they don't want to lose that revenue stream..
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It goes straight into the general fund and they don't really get to see it, so they probably don't care very much.

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 6:18:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yours probably got there on the 14th before everyone else's on the 15th!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Nm didn't read.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 3:29:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It goes straight into the general fund and they don't really get to see it, so they probably don't care very much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

someone cares.

when you receive an extra $2M in one week, even people who don't take notice, take notice...
(didn't SS say they sent in $2M in forms in the infamous "pickup truck picture" ?)

Quoted:
Yours probably got there on the 14th before everyone else's on the 15th!

I'm also in Atlanta, so there's that...
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I sent in a Form 4 with the credit card info on July 1st and the card still hasn't been charged.  I called my bank to see if there were any charges declined and they said there were not.  Not sure what's up, I've never had it take this long for a card to be charged.  I hope it is just due to high volume.  I'm going to be super disappoint if it is returned and will probably ask for my money back instead of refiling under the new rules.
View Quote

Did my first ever same way with dealer on July 7th. ATF charged my card on the 14th for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Well Fargo did that to me 3 times with their credit card. Each time I'd have to go to th F'ing bank and show them my ID while they were on the phone with their fraud dept for them to unlock my card. It was not enough that I could answer all my security questions, soc # and my entrire history. Nope. Every time anything came up that had gun in the title they'd lock card as a fraudulent purchase.  Even when I bought reloading supplies.

Third time I did not go in to unlock it and after 3 months they cancelled my card. I'm getting ready to move every dime to another bank as soon as I can get my direct deposit switched. If my credit union had branches across the state I'd use them. But they are local. So I need a national bank so when I travel in my RV.
BOA and Well Fargo are two of the banks that follow the DOJ B.S. to try and screw with gun dealers and any undesirable business. I forgot what it was called. But it was Obama's and Holder's operation.

BOA Might have picked up the transaction with atf as a gun deal and tripped your acct as being compromised.  Like Wells Fargo did with my credit card.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if you sent them a check and by some chance your not approved. How long does it take to get your money back. The only way I could see that happening though is bad trust or individual . Because if your trust is good the trust owns the items not the persons right. I'm new this is my first nfa items obviously not that there's any reason I can't own the items. I was told that they do not check the people on the trust or corps . But they do now I guess with thess new rules. Which I plan on using soon for a sbr. Here's a question what about getting your finger prints done electronically and saving on your computer and uploading online along with photos for form 1 wonder if that would work
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

So if you sent them a check and by some chance your not approved. How long does it take to get your money back. The only way I could see that happening though is bad trust or individual . Because if your trust is good the trust owns the items not the persons right. I'm new this is my first nfa items obviously not that there's any reason I can't own the items. I was told that they do not check the people on the trust or corps . But they do now I guess with thess new rules. Which I plan on using soon for a sbr. Here's a question what about getting your finger prints done electronically and saving on your computer and uploading online along with photos for form 1 wonder if that would work
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MONTHS...
the only refund that I ever received (gun shop didn't sign the front sheet) was issued about 2 months after the rejected letter was sent out.

there are LOTS of fatal errors that can be made on a form that cause you to have to resubmit the entire package, but many of the errors can be amended and sent back in (without having to send in another check)
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Transaction posted today, card gets cancelled tomorrow.
Good timing for BOFA.

10 days from delivery to card charged.
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#26]
FFL just sent me an email of pics . My Hybrid, Griffin SPR and Warlock .22 cal suppressor came in. Now waiting for the Griffin RSTA, 45 TI Rant, GRIFFIN 9mm, Yankeehill Titanium dt 308, Griffin Recce 5 Mod 3 and Recce 7 Mod 3 any ways I'll never need to buy another the rest of my life. Maybe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top