Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
EForms coming back wasn't a surprise. Neither was the lack of a Form 1. That was the plan all along.

See the first line under "Intended Use of Form" for the entity only note:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm6_zpsaafc13a4.jpg
View Quote

Precisely what I needed to see! Hopefully that will change with the 41F changes. That will make my life easier, esp with doing the fingerprints at home. Wife has access to a nice ink pad from work and I already have 20+ passport photos from my last 2 Tax Stamps.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Precisely what I needed to see! Hopefully that will change with the 41F changes. That will make my life easier, esp with doing the fingerprints at home. Wife has access to a nice ink pad from work and I already have 20+ passport photos from my last 2 Tax Stamps.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
EForms coming back wasn't a surprise. Neither was the lack of a Form 1. That was the plan all along.

See the first line under "Intended Use of Form" for the entity only note:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/EForm6_zpsaafc13a4.jpg

Individual filings would actually be easier to bring online with the 41F changes.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Updated. Thanks.

I assume it's like the 4473. Just there to supposedly help identify you in cases where similar names exist?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

added a section on filling on an FD-258LE Fingerprint Card here...

ETA: if anybody that has successfully done it before would like to add something, let me know...
Just an observation but inclusion of a person's SSN is optional on the FP card.  

Updated. Thanks.

I assume it's like the 4473. Just there to supposedly help identify you in cases where similar names exist?
Correct.

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 2:59:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone mentioned in another forum post that if you've submitted fingerprints in the last couple yrs that they can use those. You have to refer to them or something. Can someone clarify the policy because this will make me happy if valid.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:17:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Sooooo................

As an individual, do I even have to print out page 3 ( that's question 15, 16 and some instructions) on the ATF Copy 2 and the CLEO Copy? the way this is now I have the first page of the CLEO Copy on the back of the  last page of my copy. It says they want everything printed double sided again.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 10:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, seeing as I'm going to have rotator cuff surgery I'll be the guinie pig and send in a modified Form 1.

I AM AN INDIVIDUAL here's what I'm doing. Make sure you have a good Adobe PDF Editor program.

1st, delete pages 4, 5, 6, 9, and 12. This will bring the form down from 12 pages to 7
2nd, go back in and add a blank page AFTER page 3. this will bring the form back to 8 pages.
3rd, print enabling the back to back option.

What you will end up with is an ATF Form one that is 8 pages long that will print on 4 pages. The ATF copy will print on two pages, the first back to back the second page will be your payment info on one side and blank on the other. The 3rd page will be your copy back to back just like the good old days and the 4th page will be the CLEO copy.

By doing this you eliminate the instructions in the middle and the two pages of responsible person's info that will be left blank by us Individual remitters anyway.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 12:28:04 AM EDT
[#11]
And I've electronically added my photo into the form. Lets see how this plays out!
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:09:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Question about CLEO copy. Under the instructions on the Form 1, #2-Preparation of Application and Payment of Tax / d.(6) states block 4G-serial number is obscured on CLEO copy. However, when I complete the form, the serial number is listed on the CLEO copy and I cannot remove it. SO does the CLEO copy require you to include the serial number? Do you have to include a picture as well?

Has anybody had any issues with their CLEO yet? My local one would sign the forms in the past but would require their own additional forms be completed before doing so. Can the CLEO add additional requirements under 41F for you to complete? I am not talking if state/local laws require a permit, I am just talking internal paperwork they wanted people to complete in the past.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Someone gave you bad info. It's the way 41F was initially interpreted but it's wrong.

Photos and fingerprints have to be submitted every time. Only the documentation to provide the existence of the entity gets a 24-month waiver, where you can certify it hasn't changed and reference the approved form.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone mentioned in another forum post that if you've submitted fingerprints in the last couple yrs that they can use those. You have to refer to them or something. Can someone clarify the policy because this will make me happy if valid.

Someone gave you bad info. It's the way 41F was initially interpreted but it's wrong.

Photos and fingerprints have to be submitted every time. Only the documentation to provide the existence of the entity gets a 24-month waiver, where you can certify it hasn't changed and reference the approved form.

I know we have to wait for some approvals / denials to come in, but based on everything we know about how atf works and the crazy long delays in processing, can we ever really tell anyone that it's a good idea not to include a copy of their trust? I mean, aren't you counting on atf to have not lost the other one they got? Seems to be an unnecessary risk of a denial, doesn't it? Why not just send the trust in every time and eliminate that risk?
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 6:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:52:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Want to give another big thanks, this time to AlabamaPaul and Silencer Loft. He took the Form 1 and formatted it so you simply fill it out, choose 2-sided, and hit print. Basically removed the instruction pages and added a couple blank pages.

Two minor changes as well, in case you notice:

1. A couple of the fields have been changed from left-justified to center-justified, which makes the form a little cleaner

2. The SN has been blocked out for the CLEO Copy, which is allowable per Instruction (2)(d)(6), but not done on the ATF's version of the form

You can find the fillable & printable F1 here: Silencer Loft documents

There may be a similar version of the F4 and the 5320.23 in the future.
View Quote
We also changed the size of some of the address fields to allow for more lines to be entered.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#18]
The 5320.23 forms I downloaded are watermarked with DRAFT on them, will that be a problem?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:05:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

The 5320.23 forms I downloaded are watermarked with DRAFT on them, will that be a problem?
View Quote
Yes.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:20:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yes.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  

Thanks. Don't want my Form 1 getting kicked for something so utterly ridiculous....so where can I get them without the watermark?

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Agreed. I know the 5320.23, F1 & F4 definitely changed from Draft version to published version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.  

Agreed. I know the 5320.23, F1 & F4 definitely changed from Draft version to published version.

Only variation of 5320.23 that I can find on atf.gov is the draft....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:26:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#24]
ATF Form 1 submission, as Individual: do all 3 Form 1s get a 2x2 photo attached?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:17:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Honestly, I can read it both ways, as far as the pic on the CLEO Copy.

If it was an entity application, CLEO does not get a photo on any form. Logic would say it should be the same for an individual submission...but when has the ATF ever done anything logical?

ETA: the photo section is not grayed out on the CLEO Copy of the F1 like it is on the RPQ...so, I'd send one if I was filling it out. Plus, it never specifically says not to send one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ATF Form 1 submission, as Individual: do all 3 Form 1s get a 2x2 photo attached?

Honestly, I can read it both ways, as far as the pic on the CLEO Copy.

If it was an entity application, CLEO does not get a photo on any form. Logic would say it should be the same for an individual submission...but when has the ATF ever done anything logical?

ETA: the photo section is not grayed out on the CLEO Copy of the F1 like it is on the RPQ...so, I'd send one if I was filling it out. Plus, it never specifically says not to send one.

That was my take as well- the user in the Supressor forum, who didnt read got me to thinking about if F4 is same for Individuals and Trusts with regards to who gets what, and looks to me that Individuals need (3) 2"x2" photos, 1 per F4 copy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 6:41:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yeah...a one person entity seems to only need one pic, while an individual needs three...and the entity doesn't send a pic to CLEO while the individual does. Really doesn't make sense.

FWIW...I sent an email to [email protected] to ask for clarification. We'll see how long it takes. I finally got an answer yesterday from a question I asked on the 15th.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That was my take as well- the user in the Supressor forum, who didnt read got me to thinking about if F4 is same for Individuals and Trusts with regards to who gets what, and looks to me that Individuals need (3) 2"x2" photos, 1 per F4 copy.

Yeah...a one person entity seems to only need one pic, while an individual needs three...and the entity doesn't send a pic to CLEO while the individual does. Really doesn't make sense.

FWIW...I sent an email to [email protected] to ask for clarification. We'll see how long it takes. I finally got an answer yesterday from a question I asked on the 15th.
We already have a question in regarding this. Until it is clarified, we're telling clients to attach pics to all three copies.

Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm trying to fill out the Form 1 as an individual for the first time. Under question 13, there are parts d1 and d2. Do you leave them blank if you answer "No" to "c" , answer them both "No" or check "N/A" ?  

The guide skips those questions and I am just paranoid for my first Form 1. Thanks for all the time you have/are putting in on this!

ETA:  Oh, and how are you supposed to tell them the Overall length of your SBR - with the stock extended - if you don't have a stock already?  Do you just go to a web search and look for the advertised length of a stock and add that you your barrel and receiver lengths?
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 10:22:53 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2016 9:38:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Below are responses we received regarding a few 41F questions.

Sent: Friday, July 22,
2016 12:13 PM

To: 41F <[email protected]>

Cc: Clutter, Ted <[email protected]>;
Schaible, Gary N. <[email protected]>

Subject: Questions
<o:p></o:p>

Good morning,

For a person applying as an individual, does a photo need to
be affixed to the CLEO Copy of the Form 1 or Form 4?

No, the CLEO copy does not
require photographs.

For a person applying as an individual, does page three need
to be submitted for the CLEO or Applicant copies?

No, applicants submitting as
individuals do not need to complete page three.

If multiple NFA applications (e.g. three suppressors) are
submitted for the same person/entity in the same envelope, is one pair of
FD-258 cards for the applicant or each responsible person acceptable, or does
each have to submit 3 pairs (6 FD-258 cards)?

You
would be required to submit 3 pair until further notice.

Link Posted: 7/27/2016 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Well I waited to late to start my process but I guess I'm gonna venture into the waters for my Supressor.

I have a question tho, Since I'm already going through the process, should I kill 2 birds with 1 stone and go ahead and get approval for an SBR since I have a lower with no upper?  Figured I might as well.  

Thoughts, Suggestions?  This is my first time through this process.
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 4:01:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:12:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't have anything to really add, just wanted to give a big thanks for all your time for posting this up!!
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 1:21:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for adding STATE notification info, that was the info I was looking for in another thread, when asking about who to send it to, outside my local LEOs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:46:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Excellent summation and explaination.
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:36:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Are you able to print and mail in the fingerprint form vs obtaining the card stock form?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Are you able to print and mail in the fingerprint form vs obtaining the card stock form?
View Quote
The FBI will take them for personal BGCs, but I'm not sure the ATF will, so I'd just go aheah and get the free cards.

Link Posted: 8/20/2016 4:57:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Is that address  for application submittals in the OP correct?
The most recent NFA handbook on the ATF website lists the address for Form 1 submittals as:

National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
244 Needy Road
Martinsburg, West Virginia 25405

Not Atlanta GA. Can someone clarify this?

NVM. I see it now on the new Form 1.
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Sorry I didn't see this question asked here

Does the 5320.23 Responsible Person form have to be printed double sided like the form 1?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 9:55:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:07:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Again just to clarify we "are"or "are not" allowed to roll our own fingerprints onto the 2 cards?  (Basically has the ATF ever said yes or no themselves?)

If we can do them ourselves what do we put in boxes 20 and 21 on the Fingerprint card?

Does anyone here have personal experience with doing this and actually recieving approved forms from their own print submission?

It is a hassle trying to get away from work and to also coordinate a time that the sheriff's office can take them for me so this would ease that pain but I just am not confident in what I have read thus far to make me comfortable doing it on my own without getting them rejected.  

Can someone chime in with past experience...
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:25:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

People have been doing it for years/decades.

There's a step-by-step back on page one, and most of the info came either from the FBI or from a member here that's had dozens of forms approved with prints he rolled himself.

All the regulations says is you must be properly equipped. And the updated regs match the pre-41F regs, so nothing has changed from that aspect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Again just to clarify we "are"or "are not" allowed to roll our own fingerprints onto the 2 cards?  (Basically has the ATF ever said yes or no themselves?)

If we can do them ourselves what do we put in boxes 20 and 21 on the Fingerprint card?

Does anyone here have personal experience with doing this and actually recieving approved forms from their own print submission?

It is a hassle trying to get away from work and to also coordinate a time that the sheriff's office can take them for me so this would ease that pain but I just am not confident in what I have read thus far to make me comfortable doing it on my own without getting them rejected.  

Can someone chime in with past experience...
Thanks

People have been doing it for years/decades.

There's a step-by-step back on page one, and most of the info came either from the FBI or from a member here that's had dozens of forms approved with prints he rolled himself.

All the regulations says is you must be properly equipped. And the updated regs match the pre-41F regs, so nothing has changed from that aspect.

Thanks for the reply.  I read your write up that you posted at the beginning of this thread but I didnt specifically see what a person would write into those 2 boxes.

If I do them myself what do I write for employer?  And my signature would go in the other box?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 12:22:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm filing a form #1 as an individual. Do I only need one completed finger print card, and two photo's?
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/11/2016 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Im getting ready to mail out my form 4 tomorrow. I just have a couple of things i need clarified.
1) on the fingerprints card, "ORI" is blank. Where do i get this information?
2) I'm confused as to how many photos to submit to the ATF. I currently have one attached to the 5320.23. I'm submitting as a Trust.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top