User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 11:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 12:32:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Beneficiaries generally would not be responsible persons unless they were also trustees.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow. As someone who put in a ton of form 1's and form 4's on a trust pre-41F reading this new process has my head spinning. When it says all responsible parties must have background checks, fingerprints, pictures, etc. does this only apply to the Trustees or do I have to get my underaged children who are beneficiaries of the Trust fingerprinted and background checked too?

I hope Trump gets rid of this shit all together. What a bunch of communist bullshit.Eta: Bitching aside thank you Bigwaylon for putting all this info together. I've said it before, you are a great asset to this website!
Beneficiaries generally would not be responsible persons unless they were also trustees.

Clarification question:

My wife, my son (underage), and my attorney (brother-in-law) are successor trustees on my trust.  The way it is currently written, they become the trustee only when the person "above" them is removed from the trust due to death or resignation as trustee.  They are also listed in the beneficiary section with the same stipulations to becoming the trustee.  They do not currently have any rights to possess items in the trust until they are trustees.  

So my questions is:  Are they considered responsible persons and therefore need to be fingerprinted and listed on the forms?
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 1:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So the police department I used to complete my fingerprint cards wrote in height and eye color in the wrong format. Any idea if it would be an issue if I used white out tape to mark over those areas and wrote in the correct info? I know you can cover over prints and roll again but am unsure about the text portion of the cards.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 1:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there anywhere that states how new the finger prints and photo has to be?

Or can I have lets say 50 copies made and just store them until needed?
Link Posted: 1/1/2017 1:38:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is there anywhere that states how new the finger prints and photo has to be?

Or can I have lets say 50 copies made and just store them until needed?
View Quote
Th response we received from the ATF was that FP cards do not expire for this purpose.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#9]
*disregard
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Has there been any change or clarification on this one the state level notification.  First time doing a form1 and just had my CLEO docs returned to me by state patrol (OH) with a letter stating I need to contact my local LEO.  Have I done my part or where do I go from here?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 1:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks....This thread and your efforts have been great for a NFA newbie!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:23:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I submitted my Fingerprint cards, based on the FBI guide, as to what was required. My first few submissions didn't get signed or filled out, beyond what the sheriff's deputy filled in from my drivers license and state of birth. Today, I was told the social security # was required, but the ORI from my sheriff's office (they provided the cards) was OK.

Anyone know what ATF requires on the fingerprint cards?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 1:03:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, it's seems like it depends on what day of the week it is and who happens to open the envelope.
View Quote

Seems to be what I am finding also.

Last time I called and asked ATF about "reason for printing" as my sheriffs office printed "law enforcement applicant" on my cards. Lady on the phone said it was ok, they correct it. This time I called to ask what info was needed, as I was at sheriff's office and could add/correct info if needed. Lady today said social security number is required. Which I dont understand, as my social security number is not listed on my Form 1 application.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I am about to file a Form 1 for an SBR, under a Trust, and I have only a couple questions after reading this thread.

I need a photo on each of the two copies of the Form 1 for the ATF, a third copy of the Form 1 and another photo for the CLEO, and a photo on the Form 23, for a total of 4 photos, correct?

And the fingerprint cards, two cards with the Form 1 and Two cards with the Form 23.

But I would need one more card, and no photo for the CLEO for the Form 23, correct?

That means, 5 fingerprint cards, and 4 photos total. Correct?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like I only need one picture, and 2 fingerprint cards. ATF gets the photo on RPQ with 2 cards, CLEO gets RPQ, but no form 1, no card and no photo?

How do I find my CLEO? Is it the local PD, the County Sheriff, or the State Police?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I am reading them now. I read them before, but legal BS doesnt stick the first time, it takes a minute for it to gel.

In section 7 and 8 Form 1 it says to sign the form in 7. and in 8 it says Name and Title of Authorized Official. Is that MY name, Trustee, or the name of the trust itself?
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Wasnt your fault. Your write-up is pristine. The legal BS is the Form 1 etc.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Hey guys.  I'm working on my first Form 1.  It's for an SBR as an individual.  
This thread has been a big help but I have a question about the fingerprint cards.  Everything I've read on page 1 and 2 here state the the ORI block on the cards should read "ATF - NFA Branch, Martinsburg VA, etc."
Well, I got the cards done today at my local PD and the cards they provided are stamped with their local PD info in the ORI block.  Is this going to be a problem?  If so, is there an easy way to correct it?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:38:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 11:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Glad to hear it's that easy.  I would hate to have wasted all that time and the $30 to get them done.  You don't think they'll mind a cut and paste card?
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:49:26 AM EDT
[#26]
I ordered my fingerprint cards from Amazon.
Does the ATF require you to use a certain kind of ink? When I got my CCW from Arizona, they required a specific type of ink to be used.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 10:59:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 12:04:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Do I send the Declaration of Trust, the Certification of trust, or both, with the Form 1 and Form 23 to the ATF? And do I send the witness pages that were signed and embossed by the Notary when I set up the trust?

I didnt see it on the Actions To Take portions of either Form 1 or 23, but I have read that something has to be sent in
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:38:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok thank you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
White label with correct info printed. Or white label to cover it up and write the correct info.
View Quote

I sent my F1 back in Oct., wasn't aware of this at that time.. Is this a recent change or something? I'm really hoping it isn't something that gets me delayed or denied

Edit: Never mind, I see I fucked that up
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Not sure exactly what your issue is, but some people report that the NFA Branch will stick a label on the cards with the correct ORI. I've never had the need, so I can't confirm...
View Quote

The print cards I got on post in Kuwait had an ORI for the Def. Security Service outta PA. I hadn't noticed at the time that the ORI was supposed to be the ATF's, so I had sent of my F1 without altering the ORI on the print cards I submitted. I caught on tonight after reading up on a few posts. I see I originally quoted the wrong post.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#34]
When I got my Form 1 Packet from the ATF today, it included two copies of a Form 5330.20 as well. Perhaps you should add that form, and how to complete it to the OP.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/21/2017 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for the great info Big Waylon!

Buying my first NFA since the big change and needed a few question answered and this thread delivered!

We will be up in Gatlinburg next month so if your close to there let me know and refreshments and/or dinner is on me.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 9:17:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Definitely good to see official word on emailing them the forms!
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#39]
For Form 1, box 4a, do I need to put the full address of the lower manufacturer on my form, or will Name, City and State work just fine?

Example one:
Aero Precision Inc.
Tacoma, WA

Example two:
Aero Precision Inc.
2338 S Holgate St
Tacoma, WA 98402

Does example 1 work or do I need to put the full address?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
For Form 1, box 4a, do I need to put the full address of the lower manufacturer on my form, or will Name, City and State work just fine?

Example one:
Aero Precision Inc.
Tacoma, WA

Example two:
Aero Precision Inc.
2338 S Holgate St
Tacoma, WA 98402

Does example 1 work or do I need to put the full address?
View Quote
It's best to use what is engraved on the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's best to use what is engraved on the receiver.
View Quote

Then I appear to be alright just using the city and state.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I didn't see a form 5 guide so figured I would double check here in case anyone knew.

I read the thread and it says only 2 photos are needed for F1/F4, but wasn't sure if for any reason the F5 was different in the requirements. Just like the F1/F4 it isn't greyed out, but 2g doesn't make it clear.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm about to submit a Form 5320.20 for an intrastate move (stayed in FL and in the same county). I believe this may not be required, but next I am going to submit another Form .20 for interstate travel for this year and I want the starting address to be my current registered address so that there's no confusion on the ATF's side (perhaps a pipe dream).

My question is about box 1, the name and address of the current registered owner. I've already moved to the new address and I have amended my trust with that new address. Do I put my new address or my old (registered) address in box 1? It seems that I should put the old address which is the address I registered my SBRs under, but my fear is that they will mail the approved Form .20 to that address, and I no longer live there and won't get the form. I'd rather put my new address in box 1, but I'm afraid that will confuse the ATF since the registry does not have that address as the current registered address for the SBRs.

@BigWaylon

What's the right answer?

Also, should I leave the dates fields blank? Put today's date?

Thanks as always!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 4:14:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Does the ATF wait for the CLEO to send an acknowledgement that he/she received their copy before they'll approve? Are the CLEO's required to keep copies of these notifications? If not the step seems silly and a colossal waste of everyone's time. If there are no requirements for the CLEO to acknowledge or keep filed what prevents an applicant from blowing off that step all togther?

I'm not advocating this and would never skip a requirement. I'm just trying to make sense of the new process.

Thanks for the insightful thread BW!
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

1. No
2. No
3. Maybe someday they perform spot audits?

In case you've never read it, here is the letter the ATF sent to CLEOs. It says it's up to the CLEO as to whether they retain or dispose of the notifications. And the forms themselves tell the CLEO there's no action required on their part.
View Quote
Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#49]
How would one go about checking on post 41F submissions for form 1 and 4?  I just submitted mine last week and the checks cleared yesterday.  I know I have a long wait, but since I have no control numbers or anything, I was just curious.  Also, since this is my first submission, am I to assume no news is good news and I am to just wait it out?  Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top