Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/28/2016 2:32:25 PM EDT
I know this has been answered elsewhere, I just can't find it...so bear with me.

Scenario: You submit a Form 1 to make suppressors on 04.28.16. On 06.09.16 you submit 4 forms 1s to make SBRs. When they finally get to your silencer making Form 1, would they:

1. approve the silencer but not the SBRs...because they're ATF and that's how they roll.
2. approve all 5 stamps at the same time (of very close to the same time)
3. approve the silencer first...then months later the SBRs will all be approved separately as well.

(presume that applicant has done everything necessary in order to get an approval...)
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about a mix of forms, but I did 4 Form 1s at the same time and 2 came back in about 4 months so I asked about the other 2 and one of them was basically immediately approved.  The 4th???

I'm fixing to ask about it again in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Examiner's discretion.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Back when e-file Form 4s were active I had 6 suppressors approved on the same day as a batch approval. The purchase dates ranged from January through April so the May approval of all of them was awesome! They really need to get Form 4s back in the system but apparently are chiseling code onto stone tablets so it is going to be a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Any of those are possible, as they've all happened.
View Quote

Oh God, I should have known that was the answer! Only ATF.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:12:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any of those are possible, as they've all happened.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a batch of 2 once.  One SBR was around 2.5 months pending and the other was 17 days.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:26:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I got batch approval in the past, but recently my Jan form was approved and my Mar form was not.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:45:33 PM EDT
[#9]
They do one at a time, or all at once. No pattern, it's whatever they choose. It's ATF so no rationale. Previous approval may or may not make any difference, or make all the difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top