Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2016 6:10:32 PM EDT
I purchased my first suppressor and got it transferred (after 2 and 1/2 months) to a close dealer 45 minutes away. they filled out their side of the paper work and gave it to me with instructions that only say complete this question not this question so not detailed at all. I am using a trust. On box 14 on the back I put " my full name, Trustee". After doing so I realized my trust name was probably supposed to go there. Will this work if not can I correct it in anyway? If any one could tell me what questions I am actually supposed to answer that would be great. Or recommend something that shows me how to complete it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I purchased my first suppressor and got it transferred (after 2 and 1/2 months) to a close dealer 45 minutes away. they filled out their side of the paper work and gave it to me with instructions that only say complete this question not this question so not detailed at all. I am using a trust. On box 14 on the back I put " my full name, Trustee". After doing so I realized my trust name was probably supposed to go there. Will this work if not can I correct it in anyway? If any one could tell me what questions I am actually supposed to answer that would be great. Or recommend something that shows me how to complete it.
View Quote
Trust name goes in section 14 along with something like "INVESTMENT AND ALL OTHER LAWFUL PURPOSES" for the reason. Answer the questions in 15, skip 13, 16 and 17-20. No need to sign page 2 when applying as a legal entity.

The only reason to complete sections 14 & 15 is following the instructions to the letter.

BTW, find a new dealer.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I plan on it. Is there any way to correct it since I put my name in there? Or do I have fill out a new one and get them to do their part?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I plan on it. Is there any way to correct it since I put my name in there? Or do I have fill out a new one and get them to do their part?
View Quote
To be safe, I would ask them to mail a new one.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:53:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you're buying a suppressor via a trust, the entire page 2 stays blank. Every one of mine is that way, including the two I picked up yesterday. No signature, no name, no reason, no checking the boxes.

If your dealer instructed you to do otherwise, they don't understand how it actually works. Read the instructions on the form, not what the dealer said.
View Quote

Really? So just let them do their part and send in the form 4s, COC, and trust copy with a check?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:17:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok thank you. I noticed one of mine is actually filled out in ink and the other is a photo copy in color of the first form. Could I just make a colored copy of it?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:23:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I will look at it when I get home tonight I'm not sure but I think it is just a copy.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:47:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's no CoC to send. That's only for individuals, and it's not even required any more if they're using the new form (that has the 3rd page for payment). The CoC info is as the bottom of page 2. Here are the two I picked up yesterday.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/D316641E-1A83-4DE4-80BC-89C4E03F7593_zpspy7pgbuj.jpg

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/A68E8F03-3E45-4F74-B592-73161369380B_zpsctm0wf7r.jpg

13, and 15->bottom are just for individuals. 14 only has to be signed for SBR/SBS/DD/MG (suppressors and AOWs are exempt)...
View Quote

Thanks for posting these.

So if I filled out those boxes like a previously approved FORM 4 from a different dealer, will it get kicked back??
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:11:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top