Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2015 12:27:12 PM EDT
Bought a suppressor from capital armory last night...my transferring dealer is in PA

I was hoping to go down there today with my serial number and get the paperwork started, and they told me that until they have the suppressor in their possession they will not do so..

This is contrary to what a previous dealer did..previous guy started the transfer when he was given the serial number and did not have physical possession of the suppressor...

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:23:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 1:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The ATF will tel you the exact thing the new dealer is telling you...that you can't transfer a suppressor that isn't yours, and it doesn't belong to that dealer until the F3 is approved.

Now, that's not to say lots of dealers do it anyway once they receive the SN, but you don't really have an argument to make other than "that's not what the last dealer did".
View Quote

hey thats fine..not trying to make that argument.  I just didn't know what the proper procedure really is so sought clarification.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bought a suppressor from capital armory last night...my transferring dealer is in PA

I was hoping to go down there today with my serial number and get the paperwork started, and they told me that until they have the suppressor in their possession they will not do so..

This is contrary to what a previous dealer did..previous guy started the transfer when he was given the serial number and did not have physical possession of the suppressor...

Thoughts?
View Quote

This is what is so nice about Powered by Silencer Shop. They do all this for you. Your F4 would be submitted in 2 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top