Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2015 10:34:34 PM EDT
ARFCOM,

I will be temporarily moving to Alabama (6 months or so) from Florida in the coming month as soon as my house rents. I will be mailing the 5320.20 tomorrow, my question is;

Am I required to wait for approval before actually moving them to Alabama? This tenant snuck up on me and I'm now short on time. What does the ATF say here?

How do I fill out the dates in transit?

I will be moving back to Florida permantly sometime next year in the spring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lrc
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
ARFCOM,

I will be temporarily moving to Alabama (6 months or so) from Florida in the coming month as soon as my house rents. I will be mailing the 5320.20 tomorrow, my question is;

Am I required to wait for approval before actually moving them to Alabama? This tenant snuck up on me and I'm now short on time. What does the ATF say here?

How do I fill out the dates in transit?

I will be moving back to Florida permantly sometime next year in the spring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

lrc
View Quote

If I were you, I would send a form listing the Alabama address as a temporary destination, with dates from Oct 15, 2015 to Oct 14, 2016. You will be covered then, regardless of the Florida address you move back to.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 8:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And yes, you need approval before transporting them across state lines...unless you leave the short uppers behind and take the lowers with or without >16" uppers.
View Quote

So, I can mail 5320.20, take the upper off and place it in my storage unit in Florida and carry the lower with me to Alabama. When the form is approved I can then go get the upper?

or Should I just leave the upper in storage until I move back to Florida in the spring.

lrc
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 3:04:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top