Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2015 1:41:01 PM EDT
Well, 90+ days later, I got a reject on my SBR lower.

Reasons For Disapproval:
INACCURATE MODEL PROVIDED- SHOULD APPEAR AS "PA15" ONLY- "MULTI" IS NOT PART OF MODEL DESIGNATION- APPLICANT MAY REAPPLY- REFUND IN PROCESS (HT)(09.30.15)

I'm not sure what I did wrong, the model on the lower is PA-15 MULTI, and that's an option on ATF's eform. If it was inaccurate why would it be a prefilled option?

Back to the waiting game I guess.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:41:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Reasons For Disapproval:
INACCURATE MODEL PROVIDED- SHOULD APPEAR AS "PA15" ONLY- "MULTI" IS NOT PART OF MODEL DESIGNATION- APPLICANT MAY REAPPLY- REFUND IN PROCESS (HT)(09.30.15)

I'm not sure what I did wrong, the model on the lower is PA-15 MULTI, and that's an option on ATF's eform. If it was inaccurate why would it be a prefilled option?

View Quote

MULTI is PSAs caliber designation - it is not the model. PA15 is the model. They told you what you did wrong and what it should say in their explanation.

The drop down menus just show what other people have used in the past. It does not mean it's correct. For example, in the caliber area, if you select MULTI you will also be disapproved - you must select a specific caliber (such as 5.56 or 7.62, NOT 5.56x45 or 7.62x35, etc)

ETA : If you contact Ted Clutter after you fill out your new form and pay, send him both control numbers and I bet you have approval within the week
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:45:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe the pre-filled options just mean that someone has utilized that information on the eForms before you have.  When doing the paperwork on my Nodak, I noticed people had gone pretty berserk with options that were clearly incorrect.  Why it allows values to be populated in those fields in the first place is beyond me.

Also, if I recall correctly, there is a number of the "go-to-guy" at the ATF to get these little clerical issues fast-tracked upon resubmission which floats around ARFCOM.  I'm sure someone will be by shortly to correct me or provide the contact information.

EDIT: Sniped. :(
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Same thing happened to me. I emailed them directly and paid another $200 and was approved in less than 24 hours.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA : If you contact Ted Clutter after you fill out your new form and pay, send him both control numbers and I bet you have approval within the week
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Reasons For Disapproval:

Yep ^

1. Kindly email your issue to [email protected]
2. Be prepared to send in another $200.00
3. ????
4. Profit

You will be refunded the original $200.00 within 90 days.
Enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
When filing you have to be specific with everything especially the caliber.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone, I'll be refiling once the eform system comes back online and I'll contact Ted Cutter once I get the new online filed.

I did specify the caliber on box c on the form, I figured PA15 MULTI was the right model since that is was was marked on the lower. I'm used to sending way more info than needed with the federal government.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When filing you have to be specific with everything especially the caliber.
View Quote
This, I also attach a photo of my lower's rollmark/serial number.

Link Posted: 10/1/2015 1:44:35 PM EDT
[#8]
At one point, they did take PA15MULTI.  I've got two approved stamps with that listed as the model that were approved on 5/16/2014.  When I applied for my third SBR using the same type of lower from PSA a couple months ago, I submitted an Ask the Experts question on whether I needed to submit as PA15 and whether I needed to change anything on the old lowers.  They never did fully answer the question on the already approved forms, but they did specify that the new submission did need to be PA15  and the MULTI was the caliber designation, but that you still had to explicitly state what caliber you were building.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:23:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 10:58:05 PM EDT
[#10]
New form went in last night, emailed Ted Cutter first thing this morning, and haven't heard anything back.
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
New form went in last night, emailed Ted Cutter first thing this morning, and haven't heard anything back.
View Quote

I emailed him more than a week ago and still have not heard back. Maybe he is not expediting them anymore?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 10:00:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Yesterday i "asked the experts" on the efile page to expedite 2 rejected form 1s (failed to attach state ltc) within 8 hours i had both approvals.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They never should've accepted them with PA15MULTI...but it's not the only thing they've accepted that's incorrect. They did a similar thing with Spike's lowers that had an SBR prefix. That was a complete cluster...and there are people out there with approved forms that don't actually match the firearm they made. And I'm not sure who the first numbskull was that input that data into eForms. Nobody with any common sense would've considered Multi as part of the model.
View Quote

Can somebody elaborate on this?  I have a Spike's lower with a SBR prefix.  The box it came in clearly shows that SBR is part of the serial number; the box says S/N: SBR12345.  Based on that, I would include SBR as part of the serial number.  An SBR with SBR in the serial number.

Edit: I did a little research and it appears that the ATF figured out (was told?) that SBR12345 is the correct serial number.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Can somebody elaborate on this?  I have a Spike's lower with a SBR prefix.  The box it came in clearly shows that SBR is part of the serial number; the box says S/N: SBR12345.  Based on that, I would include SBR as part of the serial number.  An SBR with SBR in the serial number.

Edit: I did a little research and it appears that the ATF figured out (was told?) that SBR12345 is the correct serial number.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They never should've accepted them with PA15MULTI...but it's not the only thing they've accepted that's incorrect. They did a similar thing with Spike's lowers that had an SBR prefix. That was a complete cluster...and there are people out there with approved forms that don't actually match the firearm they made. And I'm not sure who the first numbskull was that input that data into eForms. Nobody with any common sense would've considered Multi as part of the model.

Yes, the SBR is part if the SN.

Mine is SBR-12345

Make sure you include the "-" also.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:29:25 PM EDT
[#16]
How picky is the ATF about certain details?  For instance, I'm filling out my form 1 for a CZ Skorpion EVO 3 SBR.  I have one other SBR, but it was a factory gun that I purchased on a Form 4 and the dealer did all of the paperwork for me with the exception of the CLEO sign off.

Will they reject me for putting 9x19 on the caliber portion, or should it say 9mm Parrabelum?  9mmx19mm?

I noticed on one portion CZs website it says the barrel is 7 3/4" and then on another it says 7.72"  Will they accept 7.75"?

Will they accept SBR under the type of firearm to be made, or does it need be spelled out as Short Barreled Rifle?

I don't wait to wait 4 months just to have them reject the form for something very small like this.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yesterday i "asked the experts" on the efile page to expedite 2 rejected form 1s (failed to attach state ltc) within 8 hours i had both approvals.
View Quote

I am curious to know if anyone else has gone this route with success? All of the responses I have seen from people with disapproved eform 1's have recommended resubmitting and sending an email to Mr. Clutter. I am at a couple of weeks now without much luck, so I am wondering if this might be the new suggested route to go?

Anyone else done this with success?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:04:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 10:38:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I am curious to know if anyone else has gone this route with success? All of the responses I have seen from people with disapproved eform 1's have recommended resubmitting and sending an email to Mr. Clutter. I am at a couple of weeks now without much luck, so I am wondering if this might be the new suggested route to go?

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

I can say it worked for me. After not hearing back from Mr. Cutter, I sent the same message via Ask The Experts and got my approval today.

The signer was Ted Cutter, maybe he is doing the work, just not replying.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:04:29 AM EDT
[#21]
MiNe was signed by ted cutter aswell..the main efile guy is Gary N Schaible.
Both of these guys are "the man".
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#22]
You might not get an email letting you know it's approved, just be sure to check the site everyday.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top