Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine was a 9/20 approval and Capitol Armory just emailed today, so it may have actually arrived 10/6.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
both of mine were approved 9-25, still waiting
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a F4 approved on August 28th that showed up on 9/14. (18 days)

I have a F1 approved on Sept 7th that I am still waiting on. (24 days and counting)

If its not here by this time next week I am going to request a certified copy.

I have been patient since the approval turnaround from check cashing to approval was about 45 days which is scorching fast compared to the 9 months I was previously waiting for the past couple years.
View Quote

I hit 31 days today.  First time in 15 years a form has not shown up.

I called the NFA branch and they told me it was lost and to request a certified copy.

Faxing in a request this afternoon.   Clock starts again for the certified copy......
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 4:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still waiting on a Form 4 that was approved on 8/20.  Requested a certified copy.  I'm sure that will only take another month or two.  49 days and counting.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Approved 9/19
At the dealer 10/6(dealer couldn't find my number-so I called 10/8 to check and it was in)
Picked up 10/8
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 2:57:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Approved 9/16, still not received yet.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I called the NFA branch and they told me it was lost and to request a certified copy.

Faxing in a request this afternoon.   Clock starts again for the certified copy......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a F1 approved on Sept 7th that I am still waiting on. (24 days and counting)

I have been patient since the approval turnaround from check cashing to approval was about 45 days which is scorching fast compared to the 9 months I was previously waiting for the past couple years.

Well looks like they actually sent it.  Original showed up in the mail today (after I faxed in a certified request yesterday).

Was post-marked October 6th, exactly 29 days after approval by Brittany Brown.  Curious how long the certified copy will take.

Doesn't make sense to me why you would string people out 30 days to mail their paperwork when you know they are going to start faxing and mailing you for certified copies around the time you are just putting it in the mail.  

That's just more work for them.  Its not like I am not going to waste my time writing them back to cancel the certified copy request after they fucked around for a month to put something in the mail and then told me on the phone yesterday it was lost.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 8:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well looks like they actually sent it.  Original showed up in the mail today (after I faxed in a certified request yesterday).

Was post-marked October 6th, exactly 29 days after approval by Brittany Brown.  Curious how long the certified copy will take.

Doesn't make sense to me why you would string people out 30 days to mail their paperwork when you know they are going to start faxing and mailing you for certified copies around the time you are just putting it in the mail.  

That's just more work for them.  Its not like I am not going to waste my time writing them back to cancel the certified copy request after they fucked around for a month to put something in the mail and then told me on the phone yesterday it was lost.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So maybe there is still hope for mine . I stopped by the gun shop today and the guy that deals with the NFA stuff wasn't there. This is pretty frustrating to say the least. I will be writing up the request for a copy this weekend and try the shop again on Monday. If it isn't there I will send the request.

How exactly does the request need to be written up?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:43:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I spoke to them on the phone they said they needed a signed written request by the applicant with the serial number and mailing address.

I wrote up something to the effect of.

Dear NFA Branch....

Requesting Certified Copy of F1 paperwork approved on Sept 7th for application:

Serial:  ABC123
Model: XYZ
Maker Name: JBNTEX
Maker Mailing Address: 742 Evergreen Terrance, Springfield .....

and put a reduced copy of the front page of the original F1 I sent them embedded in the fax.

Signed

jbntex
phone number
email address
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:44:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Just had a Form 4 approved on 10/2. Mailed out 10/5 and received @ SOT 10/7
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 8:44:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just had a Form 4 approved on 10/2. Mailed out 10/5 and received @ SOT 10/7
View Quote

Your gonna make some guys in here angry
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 1:30:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

When I spoke to them on the phone they said they needed a signed written request by the applicant with the serial number and mailing address.

Dear NFA Branch....

and put a reduced copy of the front page of the original F1 I sent them embedded in the fax.

Signed

jbntex
phone number
email address
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear NFA Branch....

Signed

jbntex
phone number
email address

Oh I over looked that you had a form 1

I am waiting on a form 4

So would the information needed be similar?

Requesting Certified Copy of F4 paperwork approved on Sept 11th for application:

Serial:  OSP45-XXXX
Model: Osprey 45
Mailing Address: (my home address)

Would they want my trust name and or dealer name and address as well?
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 4:23:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I am waiting on a form 4

Requesting Certified Copy of F4 paperwork approved on Sept 11th for application:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dear NFA Branch....

Signed

jbntex
phone number
email address

I am waiting on a form 4

I would provide all the information you can.  Dealer name, address, your name address, and trust name if that is where the transfer was completed to.

On a F4 I don't know if they send a certified copy to the transferring dealer or to you to be honest.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#14]
My F4 individual was approved Sept 6th and received by my dealer yesterday,  10/10.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I got it!!

Approved 9/11/15 post marked 10/6/15 and received at the FFL 10/12/15. Examiner was Sarah N. Dunlap

So it sat on someones desk for nearly a month before being mailed out. Ridiculous, and we pay for this shit
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 6:05:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got it!!

Approved 9/11/15 post marked 10/6/15 and received at the FFL 10/12/15. Examiner was Sarah N. Dunlap

So it sat on someones desk for nearly a month before being mailed out. Ridiculous, and we pay for this shit
View Quote

Congrats man!
Mine was approved by her also on 9/19 and sent out 9/30....that's really interesting.....
I would assume she is one of the examiners that works from home too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top