Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2015 4:08:00 PM EDT
Stupid question I'm sure but can I avoid another 200.00 tax stamp by selling one suppressor and transferring the stamp to another suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:18:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No. Each transfer requires a new, separate stamp.
View Quote

Got it...

Do I have to notify the ATF if I sell a suppressor?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do I have to notify the ATF if I sell a suppressor?
View Quote

The ATF is notified via the Form 4 that you and the buyer have to file.  You can't just take a suppressor down to the flea market and get a couple hundred in cash for it.  Well, you could if you're willing to chance a few years in club fed.

Suppressors have little to no resale value though.  People want the latest and greatest, not a 5 year old design, especially when you have to wait six months to actually get your purchase.  Then there's the whole giving someone cash up front and then not getting your stuff right away.  Do you trust a stranger to actually give you something you paid for months ago?
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 5:42:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanx gentlemen for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top