BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2015 1:09:23 PM EDT

Ive always sent my forms next day air to

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Firearms Act Branch
P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

I get a call today telling me they cannot deliver to a PO box.

Suggestions?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how they got there before as it does say on FedEx's page that they don't deliver to PO boxes in the U.S.

I would just give them the address of the post office and tell them to drop it off there.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 1:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure how they got there before as it does say on FedEx's page that they don't deliver to PO boxes in the U.S.

I would just give them the address of the post office and tell them to drop it off there.
View Quote

Im having it sent back to me.

I literally fedex'd my last form 4 2ish years ago next day air to the same address.

It is what it is I suppose. But thats ignorant.

Whatever. As long as they show back up to me in once piece tomorrow its no harm no foul. Initial shock has now worn off
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 9:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I just use first class mail for $0.49 and my forms make it just fine.

Maybe you should try that? Maybe spend an extra $0.65 for delivery confirmation if you are worried about it not making it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just use first class mail for $0.49 and my forms make it just fine.

Maybe you should try that? Maybe spend an extra $0.65 for delivery confirmation if you are worried about it not making it.
View Quote

This.  In grand scheme of things why spend extra money to get forms there 2 days early?
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:59:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ive always sent my forms next day air to

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
National Firearms Act Branch
P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298

I get a call today telling me they cannot deliver to a PO box.

Suggestions?
View Quote

FedEx Next day air certainly seems more than a bit extreme for something you're going to wait months for anyway. I can't understand the reasoning there. If you'd used, ya know, "regular mail", it might actually have been delivered before you receive your FedEx return and figure out how to send it off properly. I suggest carrier pigeon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:47:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Just send it certified USPS with some sort of delivery confirmation.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 7:45:18 AM EDT
[#7]
meh it costs me nothing to fed ex stuff overnight my company pays for it and ya they know I use the service I am not going to lose my job over a fedexed form :)

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Just think about it.  A PO Box is a rented mailbox that is owned by the USPS.  In order for something to be put into the PO Box, it needs to get into the USPS system and needs a stamp.  When you send it by private carrier, are you expecting them to put a stamp on it and deliver it to the post office for you?  I've been using FedEx and UPS for over three decades, and it has ALWAYS been known that they don't deliver to PO boxes...
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

meh it costs me nothing to fed ex stuff overnight my company pays for it and ya they know I use the service I am not going to lose my job over a fedexed form :)

View Quote

This is totally relevant to the issue at hand.

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2015 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This is what I do.  UPS FedEx etc has never been able to deliver to mailboxes.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top