Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 9:00:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: strider98] [#1]
Just an FYI: I submitted an F1 on a Kriss, and it got messed up somehow on the model name and length. I got the disapproval in February, and thought I had to wait until I got the refund to resubmit (still have not gotten the refund). Anyway, I resubmitted on Sunday with the corrections and emailed the reviewer to let them know that I had corrected things. Just got the stamp emailed to me this morning!!! Less than 2 day turnaround. Thanks Jesse Huff!

Point is, if you do get a disapproval, make sure to resubmit AND email the new application to the reviewer who disapproved and that should speed things along. Stupid me waited 2 months for a refund, when i could have had the Kriss up and running by then.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 2:32:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#2]
In WA, form 1ing SBRs becomes legal (for the 3rd time!) on 06/09/16. I'm going to submit 4-5 F1s that day. Is it possible to fill out the forms and upload trust files etc and then save the forms in the system and just leave them there until 6/9, whereupon I could log in, click submit, and be on my way? I presume eforms is going to be getting hammered in the last month before 41F...
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 9:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jekbrown:
In WA, form 1ing SBRs becomes legal (for the 3rd time!) on 06/09/16. I'm going to submit 4-5 F1s that day. Is it possible to fill out the forms and upload trust files etc and then save the forms in the system and just leave them there until 6/9, whereupon I could log in, click submit, and be on my way? I presume eforms is going to be getting hammered in the last month before 41F...
View Quote

Why not submit a couple weeks before then? by the time they are getting reviewed, it will be after 6/9
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:57:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Wonder no more, this is the second time WA has legalized SBRs. The first time was in 2014. In that case many people submitted forms between the time the law was signed and it's effective date (95 days later iirc) and presuming the form was examined after the law went into effect, they got approved even if it was submitted early.

Many people, including myself, waited until the law was in effect before filing, under the reasoning that when you sign/submit you are attesting that making the SBR is legal for you to do....so doing so before the law was actually in effect would be a no-no. As it turned out, ATF didn't care, they just approved them. My guess is, they didn't think about it. When they went to examine the form, it was legal, so "approve".
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 12:58:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#6]
Originally Posted By strider98:

Why not submit a couple weeks before then? by the time they are getting reviewed, it will be after 6/9
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By strider98:
Originally Posted By jekbrown:

Mainly because of 41F deadlines. If they get a bug up their ass they could choose to deny the application based on the fact that it wasn't legal when submitted. I'd rather be patient and wait another month rather than deal with the headaches.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sooo my scanned trust in .pdf format is like over 200mb and can't be uploaded. Anyone have any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By drewQ22:
Sooo my scanned trust in .pdf format is like over 200mb and can't be uploaded. Anyone have any ideas?
View Quote

Rescan in a lower resolution and black & white
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah that seemed to do the trick for me. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

1. Using eForms? If so, use FMI (letter "I", not number "1") as the Manufacturer Code (not Manufacturer Name).
2. Yes.
3. Yes. Arabic numerals and Roman letters...your basic 0-9 and A-Z. Only requirement is it must contain at least one numeral.
4. Yes. Although, they may ask for pics of the engraving...which is stupid.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
So I've got an 80% 9mm lower enroute.  I'm considering using it for an SBR.

If I wanted to start on the Form 1 before it's been machined into a "firearm" as defined by the ATF...

1. Who do I list as the maker/MFG?
2. Am I free to designate a Model?
3. Fair game on serial number so long as it includes numbers?
4. Can I complete the form 1 prior finishing out the lower?  I assume I can much like a form 1 suppressor is filed for prior to building.

Thanks
Wes

1. Using eForms? If so, use FMI (letter "I", not number "1") as the Manufacturer Code (not Manufacturer Name).
2. Yes.
3. Yes. Arabic numerals and Roman letters...your basic 0-9 and A-Z. Only requirement is it must contain at least one numeral.
4. Yes. Although, they may ask for pics of the engraving...which is stupid.

Update....
They requested pictures of the original engravings, I assume to verify that the lower was an actual FMI and not an improperly submitted conversion of an existing firearm.  I sent photos of the 80% lower from all angles in its incomplete form and advised that I would be putting my engravings in place once approved.

That seems to have been sufficient to go from pending research to in process.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:05:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Form 1 just submitted. I got a error message along with a confirmation. I recieved my two confirmation emails so who knows. The form itself looks fine and is filled out like my other.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 12:34:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jekbrown] [#13]
View Quote

I was in the same spot as you...though my 40 page trust was somewhere around 10MB. In any event, to big to upload. What I did:

1. Go here: http://www.naps2.com/
2. Download/install Not Another PDF Scanner 2
3. Scan your trust in b/w at low res...mine ended up being 1.6MB

I'm not affiliated wither whomever it is that makes NAPS2...it's just a good, free utility that works. You can reorganize your pages at will in the software too, which is handy.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 5:49:17 AM EDT
[#14]
For the "Line Item" section, it looks like there is an area to upload an electronic document.  For an SBR, what gets uploaded here ?  I know the trust documents get uploaded under "electronic documentation".
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 7:03:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By glocke12:

For the "Line Item" section, it looks like there is an area to upload an electronic document.  For an SBR, what gets uploaded here ?  I know the trust documents get uploaded under "electronic documentation".
View Quote
Some will upload a picture of the manufacturer's markings to eliminate any possible confusion.

Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#17]

This. No reason at all it can't be shrunk. I think mine is ~35 pages with amendments, schedules, etc...and it's roughly 2MB.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APPARITION:

Rescan in a lower resolution and black & white

This. No reason at all it can't be shrunk. I think mine is ~35 pages with amendments, schedules, etc...and it's roughly 2MB.

ummm .. should i be concerned that my trust is only 8 pages?  Submitted my first form 1 (for SBR) this morning .....
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 9:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ordersman] [#19]

Not at all. I'd guess most are much closer to yours than mine.

I just checked 41F to see what they used as an estimate. They sampled 454 submissions in 2014, and the average was 16 pages. Take into account the ones like mine, and some corps/LLCs that may have lots of paperwork, and there have to be a lot of smaller trust docs out there.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ordersman:
ummm .. should i be concerned that my trust is only 8 pages?  Submitted my first form 1 (for SBR) this morning .....

Not at all. I'd guess most are much closer to yours than mine.

I just checked 41F to see what they used as an estimate. They sampled 454 submissions in 2014, and the average was 16 pages. Take into account the ones like mine, and some corps/LLCs that may have lots of paperwork, and there have to be a lot of smaller trust docs out there.

Cool, thanks.

FYI its worth, I read through some back pages in this thread about how clunky and slow the gov website is but this morning when i used it, it was fast and smooth! It literally took 10 minutes.  I just wished i had started doing this years ago, i have 3 more form 1s to file this week.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 11:18:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone have any idea on what the turn-arounds have been like recently on E-File Form 1's?
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 12:47:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#21]
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:43:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rscott2214] [#22]
Nice! Thanks, it was my first efile and holy crap that was easy. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner!
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:27:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2tired2run] [#23]
Anyone having a problem with eforms right now.  When I click pay, a blank box pops up with a close button in it and nothing else.  I'm using firefox and never had this problem before.

Figured it out.  FF was the issue, Opera worked with out issue
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quick question....do I need to add in mm for 9 and 5.56 for unit of measure?
Link Posted: 6/29/2016 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By halflife78:

Quick question....do I need to add in mm for 9 and 5.56 for unit of measure?
View Quote
No.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Alright I had everything ready,  filled out my payment info and hit confirm or whatever.  The pop up then then timed out and died.  I did however got a confirmation email saying they received my payment and my bank deducted the $200.  The problem is when I go back to the eform confirmation page I only have the "Pay" button available.  The "Sign and Submit" button is grayed out.   Am I missing something or do I need to call the ATF and say their crappy webpage is jacking me around?  Anyone else have this issue?
By the way I signed back in trying FF, Chrome, Safari, IE....same result.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Questions......

I just picked up my new Rainier Arms lower receiver. I want to SBR it. Will be my first time. I have all my Trust info in placed. But what and where do I put that the Trust is the manufacturer? Rainier Arms is in their drop down menu , same with model and caliber.  Do I just use Rainier's info?
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 3:47:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Well just did my 1st efile, a form 1. Submitted for processing, lets see how this goes. Trust has passed muster about 2 years ago on a mailed in form 4, so we'll see
Link Posted: 7/8/2016 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:

Questions......

I just picked up my new Rainier Arms lower receiver. I want to SBR it. Will be my first time. I have all my Trust info in placed. But what and where do I put that the Trust is the manufacturer? Rainier Arms is in their drop down menu , same with model and caliber.  Do I just use Rainier's info?
View Quote
You are the maker. The trust info goes into 3b. Rainier was the manufacturer and their info goes into 4a.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 12:44:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Filled out my first Form 1 today for my first SBR. This OP pretty much summed up how easy it was. I breezed right through with no issues in about 10 min. Used Google Chrome as suggested. Now the wait begins.....
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#32]
See above
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top