Link Posted: 10/27/2015 8:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:12:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DigDug] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BigWaylon:
And just for reference, here's what my one disapproval looked like after I requested they cancel it.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/000FE447-9747-426F-ADE4-DED61F165C0F_zpsgpiont2q.png

And then there was a 5th page to the form that included the reason:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/3E70B387-1FA9-49BB-A214-0B1699B7A791_zpssibslhqv.jpg
View Quote

I just triple checked the last page of the application and there isn't any info on it and I don't have a control number assigned to the request.  Very odd.  No approval or disapproval and the watermark on the form still says submitted.  I just fired off an email to see what info I can find out.  The atfonline site seems to be acting very twitchy now.  Throwing login errors sometimes.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 10:38:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks, looks like I just need to sit tight and continue the waiting game.  I was really worried that I forgot something.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm working on getting my trust set-up.  I should have it back and be able to e-file next week.  My plan is to SBR one of my current AR's, a pinned 14.5.  The eventual plan is to get a 10.3 upper but between the cost of the trust and the stamp, that probably won't be for a while.  What I want to do in the meantime, once it's approved, is to remove the pinned A2X and just install a standard A2 flash hider on the 14.5" barrel.  Since, the 14.5 would be the first configuration, I would need to put 14.5 for the barrel length?
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HD2006:
I'm working on getting my trust set-up.  I should have it back and be able to e-file next week.  My plan is to SBR one of my current AR's, a pinned 14.5.  The eventual plan is to get a 10.3 upper but between the cost of the trust and the stamp, that probably won't be for a while.  What I want to do in the meantime, once it's approved, is to remove the pinned A2X and just install a standard A2 flash hider on the 14.5" barrel.  Since, the 14.5 would be the first configuration, I would need to put 14.5 for the barrel length?
View Quote

Yes go with 14.5. Once you get the stamp back for the lower you can swap uppers whenever you like.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 1:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mizzarley:

Yes go with 14.5. Once you get the stamp back for the lower you can swap uppers whenever you like.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info.  After thinking about it for a while, I've decided I don't really have a need to hold onto the 14.5" barrel since I have three other pinned 14.5" AR's.  I think I'm going to go with 10.3 for the initial barrel length.  Does it matter how long a lower is registered as an SBR before you actually build it?  I would think not but I guess it could.  I'll probably either have the current pinned barrel cut down or sell it.  But it could be a few months after the form 1 is approved before it's built into an SBR.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 10:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Thanks for the info.  After thinking about it for a while, I've decided I don't really have a need to hold onto the 14.5" barrel since I have three other pinned 14.5" AR's.  I think I'm going to go with 10.3 for the initial barrel length.  Does it matter how long a lower is registered as an SBR before you actually build it?  I would think not but I guess it could.  I'll probably either have the current pinned barrel cut down or sell it.  But it could be a few months after the form 1 is approved before it's built into an SBR.
View All Quotes

Nope there is no time limit so you can take your time and build exactly what you want.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:05:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: benny429] [#11]
This may be a stupid question...

I'm and 01 FFL, (my name is on the license) I would assume since I am only an 01, I would check "No FFL", too.

ETA- I guess that was more of a statement than a question.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 4:23:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the guide.  Just filed my first Form 1.  No issues using Firefox.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By benny429:

I'm and 01 FFL, (my name is on the license) I would assume since I am only an 01, I would check "No FFL", too.

View Quote
It would depend on "who" the applicant is...

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:35:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AlabamaPaul:
View All Quotes

I will be using a trust. And as an FFL 01 Dealer - not a manufacturer - I would think it would be "No FFL"

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#15]

I will be using a trust. And as an FFL 01 Dealer - not a manufacturer - I would think it would be "No FFL"

View All Quotes

If the item is being made for the trust, then no your FFL has nothing to do with it...

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 9:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
If the item is being made for the trust, then no your FFL has nothing to do with it...  
View All Quotes

That's what I thought.

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#17]
A friend just got a denial because he put his name in where his trust name should go . Does he need to restart the whole process and start over time wise or do they allow him to reapply without the wait ?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:05:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Originally Posted By Easy_E:

A friend just got a denial because he put his name in where his trust name should go . Does he need to restart the whole process and start over time wise or do they allow him to reapply without the wait ?

View Quote
He'll be out $200 while refund is being processed, but refile and email [email protected] with the control #s, serial #'s for each. It should be handled quickly.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:55:42 PM EDT
[#19]
He'll be out $200 while refund is being processed, but refile and email [email protected] with the control #s, serial #'s for each. It should be handled quickly.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easy_E:

He is new to this and disappointed after the wait . Thanks for the info I will pass it along.
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#20]
When you use eForm - do you actually get the paperwork mailed to you with stamp, or is electronic documentation all you get?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
When you use eForm - do you actually get the paperwork mailed to you with stamp, or is electronic documentation all you get?
View Quote

Your stamp will be in electronic form only.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By cda97:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cda97:
Originally Posted By FALARAK:

Yep.

Just print it off for your records.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 12:05:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Just went thru the form for a SBR.  Got to the payment window and all it had was "close".  Tried submitting payment about 6 times with the same popup.  Finally after about 45 minutes a proper credit card payment window came up.
Paid and submitted and received a confirmation number.  Merry Christmas!

So, yes the site is still a bit wonky, but try - try again!
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks to OP and to all the contributors (those who answer questions) to this thread.  First Form 1 submitted.

Is there a separate thread with detailed excuses to the wife as to why I'm voluntarily giving the .gov more money?
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:28:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BluPhire86] [#25]
First off, this guide walked me through my SBR form 1 process about a year and a half ago. Once again, thank you for that. I come to you today with another question.

How does one go about actually "making" a firearm? I want to build my own AK from a flat and know I need to do a form 1. On the second page of "add firearm" it asks to select "product type." My question is, what should I select if I am simply making a full-size rifle?  Not making DD, MG, SBR, SBS, or Suppressor. Would I infact select AOW?

Thanks for the help,
Matt

ETA:

I found this PDF with a variety of questions and mine happens to be one of them. It appears I do not need to do a Form 1 if I do not intend on selling the rifle. I know you guys are not lawyers, but to you guys understand it as I do or otherwise?

ATF pdf
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By BluPhire86:

First off, this guide walked me through my SBR form 1 process about a year and a half ago. Once again, thank you for that. I come to you today with another question.

How does one go about actually "making" a firearm? I want to build my own AK from a flat and know I need to do a form 1. On the second page of "add firearm" it asks to select "product type." My question is, what should I select if I am simply making a full-size rifle?  Not making DD, MG, SBR, SBS, or Suppressor. Would I infact select AOW?

Thanks for the help,

Matt

ETA:

I found this PDF with a variety of questions and mine happens to be one of them. It appears I do not need to do a Form 1 if I do not intend on selling the rifle. I know you guys are not lawyers, but to you guys understand it as I do or otherwise?

ATF pdf
View Quote
If you're making a Title 1 firearm for yourself, you do not need a Form 1.

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks!

Matt
Link Posted: 1/16/2016 8:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#28]
Link Posted: 1/21/2016 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#29]
When uploading your brand new trust via eforms, I assume I need to get it all notarized prior to scanning and making into a .pdf to upload is that correct?

Upon completion of that, I have approximately 15 pages to my Trust, I should have Exhibit 1 (additional Trustees) notarized too correct as I have named 3 people in my family?

Exhibit 2 is the Declaration of Co-Trustee (I need to have all 3 sign separate documents, and upload those too?

And lastly Assignment to my trust, this is where I will update with the same exact info I am submitting via atfonline.com/EForms is that correct, and upload that too once filled out and signed?

Thank you for your help, I am trying to NOT get rejected and have to do all over.

Link Posted: 2/16/2016 2:50:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thomasplaster223] [#30]
I need to know the correct eform refund email address.

I called the NFA branch number on my pay.gov email and was verbally given [email protected] as the email to use to request a refund.

I forwarded my pay.gov emails to that email address on January 21, 2016. There was no rejection email. The situation was I had two attempted Form 1 eform submittals form the same lower that accepted my payment but did not show a form in my account. I eventually succeeded in filing Form 1 for that lower - turned out I was attempting to use the incorrect model name for an Aero Precision lower - enter AP15 instead of AP 15.

I filed several other Form 1s last December and January - didn't have any problems with them.

Today I was checking on the status of the refunds and while searching on the internet saw where someone referenced [email protected] as the correct address to submit refund requests.

Which email address is correct for an eform refund?

ETA - Called ATF again and clarified that [email protected] is the correct address to request an eforms refund.
Link Posted: 3/13/2016 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Thank You.  I had to attach my Trust in 5 parts due to size.  I attached my Schedules A & B and a photo of my AR lower.  I hope it works with the lower saying "Cal .223-5.56MM" and my request for 7.62 goes through.  I added in description it was for 7.62 X 35 (300 Blackout).
Link Posted: 3/15/2016 5:43:40 PM EDT
[#32]
I cant seem to use Eforms. My Chrome browser doesnt work and apparently the newest version of IE is not supported either? Now wtf do I do?
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:24:09 PM EDT
[#33]

Originally Posted By dnmccoy:

I cant seem to use Eforms. My Chrome browser doesnt work and apparently the newest version of IE is not supported either? Now wtf do I do?
View Quote
Can you use Safari? I was able to submit a Form 1 today using Safari.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#34]
So I think I made a mistake.

While filling out the line items I attached my trust form and my assignment form to the line item, and then I attached my trust form and my assignment form in the Forms window, and them paid and submitted. Now I guess that was a mistake???

Is this something that they will reject my application over? If so, then is this something that I can correct or will modifying an application cause it to go back to square 1 and require another $200?

Or does this even matter and is it something they won't care about?
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#36]

So, you uploaded the same items twice? Shouldn't be an issue. 2X is better than 0X.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By motown_steve:

So I think I made a mistake.

While filling out the line items I attached my trust form and my assignment form to the line item, and then I attached my trust form and my assignment form in the Forms window, and them paid and submitted. Now I guess that was a mistake???

Is this something that they will reject my application over? If so, then is this something that I can correct or will modifying an application cause it to go back to square 1 and require another $200?

Or does this even matter and is it something they won't care about?

So, you uploaded the same items twice? Shouldn't be an issue. 2X is better than 0X.

Yep, uploaded them twice. I guess I'll wait and see what happens. I'll update if they reject me. Hopefully they won't.

Link Posted: 3/26/2016 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Is anyone having issues downloading docs (trust)  I'm using safari and chrome and none of them work
Link Posted: 4/2/2016 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Thanks for the tutorial.

I just filed my first ever Form 1.

Link Posted: 4/3/2016 11:32:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: out4trout] [#39]
I submitted my first EForm 1 this evening with Google Chrome with no specular issues.  I did have to click save a couple of times when the screen(s) hung up, but it was no problem after that.  My Trust was 18.2 mb so I split it into two parts and ran a free pdf compression program I found on the internet.  The first program I used did a good job with attachments and made both of them under the 3mb limit.  Afterword when my submission was accepted and on my document list, I was surfing around the net and found a program that reduced my 18.2 mb document to  1.92 mb.  Which means I would of only had to download one document instead of two. I saved 1.92mb compressed document and will use on the next SBR I'm going to submit.  Type in PDF Compression programs in your browser and use the one from CVISION Smarter Document Capture.  

Sorry, the wife is on the computer now and my damn phone will not let me make the link hot.  It's easy to find.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Submitted my Form 1 just a few minutes ago with Firefox and no issues.

This place has cost me more money they any other place on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:05:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: out4trout] [#41]
Originally Posted By out4trout:
I submitted my first EForm 1 this evening with Google Chrome with no specular issues.  I did have to click save a couple of times when the screen(s) hung up, but it was no problem after that.  My Trust was 18.2 mb so I split it into two parts and ran a free pdf compression program I found on the internet.  The first program I used did a good job with attachments and made both of them under the 3mb limit.  Afterword when my submission was accepted and on my document list, I was surfing around the net and found a program that reduced my 18.2 mb document to  1.92 mb.  Which means I would of only had to download one document instead of two. I saved 1.92mb compressed document and will use on the next SBR I'm going to submit.  Type in PDF Compression programs in your browser and use the one from CVISION Smarter Document Capture.  

Sorry, the wife is on the computer now and my damn phone will not let me make the link hot.  It's easy to find.
View Quote

Just as a follow-up and a WTF.... Form 1 Electronically sent 4/3/16 via Google Chrome.  Accepted with email acknowledgements of file submitted, of $200 charged to credit card, submission noted as in process etc.etc.  Today 4/9/16 went to AFT site just for the hell of it to take a look.  Site loaded slower than shit after I signed in.  Came back with the message no documents on file WTF????   Signed out, cleared the computer cache, restarted, again, no documents on file???  And a message flashed that there was a Javascript issue.  I go in and check.  Sure as shit Google Chrome does not support Java.  I dump Google Chrome.  Loaded the Safari Browser and again pulled up the ATF EForm website.  Sign in, SOB is still mega slow.  Screen pops up now shows under my forms that my Form 1 is now in process.  WTF???  I'm not sure but if you are having trouble with Google Chrome try dumping it and use Safari instead.  In Safari I'm using Google (not Google Chrome) as my search engine..  
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 10:36:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Is there anything in there where I can check status any further than seeing that my Form 1 was submitted? I see no indicators such as pending anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:17:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Nope. Submitted/In Process is the eForms equivalent of Pending. From there, it's only going to move to Approved/Disapproved.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
Is there anything in there where I can check status any further than seeing that my Form 1 was submitted? I see no indicators such as pending anywhere.

Nope. Submitted/In Process is the eForms equivalent of Pending. From there, it's only going to move to Approved/Disapproved.

Ok, thanks. Could be anytime now and unfortunately I started thinking about it. I see the actions but that simply brings up the forms. I'll continue to wait.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Well, I asked too early. Received approval today. Submitted Jan 8th. Thanks to all whom have contributed to this thread and made the process so simple.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:49:11 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dnmccoy:

Ended using firefox without any issues
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 2:21:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By APPARITION:
Well, I asked too early. Received approval today. Submitted Jan 8th. Thanks to all whom have contributed to this thread and made the process so simple.
View Quote

good to hear, maybe another week for my 300bo then.
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 10:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#49]
So I've got an 80% 9mm lower enroute.  I'm considering using it for an SBR.

If I wanted to start on the Form 1 before it's been machined into a "firearm" as defined by the ATF...

Who do I list as the maker/MFG?
Am I free to designate a Model?
Fair game on serial number so long as it includes numbers?
Can I complete the form 1 prior finishing out the lower?  I assume I can much like a form 1 suppressor is filed for prior to building.

Thanks
Wes
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top