Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By turbojosrt4:
i eformed a F1 on 4/8 and today i logged in and found the form went to approved (Finalized) on 7/15 but haven't received a email with the pdf yet
When i view the form on the web site it says in process submitted

how long from approved till you get a email?
thx
View Quote

With my last few I didn't get emailed either. I just saved the stamps as PDFs to all my devices.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#3]
If I'm doing an SBR lower (300 blackout) and the factory receiver marking is Multi, I list 300 on my forms.
Do I need to have Cal 300 engraved on my lower along with the other required information trust, city, state?
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 1:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I go ahead and engrave the caliber to match the approved form just so I don't need to worry about the barrel being marked or readily visible...
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Seem crazy to have CAL - MULTI and CAL - 300BO on the other.
That's raises another question I'm sure I can dig and find but since you guys responded so quickly what is the norm for 300 blackout.  Do mgf's list it as CAL-300BO or 300 Blackout, other?

Thanks Gents
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 2:48:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/3/2015 8:03:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Disapproved.

Wants Cert of Trust.  The lawyer that drew up my trust says it is not part of the submission but I'd guess it is just easier to submit.

Anything I should know about resubmitting?  I added the docs, but did not see an actual resubmit button to hit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2015 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 9:07:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Who is Clutter?
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#12]
So do I have to resubmit another $200 or can they figure it out?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 3:15:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
JFC.  Gov't in action.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#15]
So I just submitted my first Eform 1.  Followed the directions to a T.  Now I wondering whats the deal with this Schedule A?  My trust was done by NFALawyers.com and on the last page shows that I have $10.00 in my trust.  Am I supposed to add the SBR lower to the trust with an "assignment of Property" form before I uploaded it?  Or do I add that firearm once its approved?  

For clarification...I uploaded a 9 page document that was signed and notarized that I received from NFALawyers.com.  I made no additions or changes other than signing it and having it notorized
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
When I view the PDF of the form, the questions are not answered on the second page.  There is no where in this thread or the application that drives me to answer these questions.

Did I miss something or is this not required?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mongo001:
When I view the PDF of the form, the questions are not answered on the second page.  There is no where in this thread or the application that drives me to answer these questions.

Did I miss something or is this not required?

Thanks.
View Quote

PDF of the paper form? Does that page have to do with CLEO signature and finger prints? Those are not needed/used when efiling. BigWaylon will probably know for sure. I'm just a hack at this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:00:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#18]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:07:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OperatorX] [#19]

i am in the process of finalizing eforms form 1 to do a sbr.  I have a trust and have uploaded that doc in the small format to fit the ATF size limit, along with photos of the lower receiver with a clear view of the serial number, model, etc.

question is, on my scanned trust document, it is hard to see "seal" marking from the notary work.  the signatures and everything are all crystal but the embossed seal is hard to see.  

just wanted to know if this will be an issue before I submit and render my $200 for the tax stamp.

anyone had any success in making the seal marking more visible in your copies?

thanks for any help.

ETA:
efiled form1 today, 8/24/15, to chop one of my LWRC's down to 10.5 and tax paid.  
waiting game begins.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 6:11:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:40:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By BigWaylon:

Won't be an issue. Some people lightly shade it with a pencil, but having the notary signature and date should be plenty.
View Quote
Thanks

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 1:02:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Is model now a required field for Form 1 cans? I filled out my application according to the guide but it shows an error stating that model is a required field. Just wanted to clarify before submitting in order to avoid a possible disapproval.
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 2:17:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 11:34:54 PM EDT
[#24]

It's always been required in eForms, as far as I'm aware. All of mine have N/A and were approved.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MrFluffaluffagus:
Is model now a required field for Form 1 cans? I filled out my application according to the guide but it shows an error stating that model is a required field. Just wanted to clarify before submitting in order to avoid a possible disapproval.

It's always been required in eForms, as far as I'm aware. All of mine have N/A and were approved.

Do you engrave the model "N/A" or just the serial number?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:45:50 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Just the serial #...

Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:33:50 AM EDT
[#27]
I followed BigWaylons same model description and applied it the same way when I read the requirements.
Says...if designated..
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Fucking finally.  After a comedy of errors on both parts, I have the SBR stamp.

For fucking fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I just had trust written up and after reading through this thread I'm thinking I might need to change the name of it. Does it matter if you name your trust "Trust Pinywoods" instead of "Pinywoods Trust"? I thought it was clever the other way now I'm second guessing my cleverness. Maybe I should change the name just to save myself the trouble later. I was planning on getting it notarized Monday.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By pinywoods:
I just had trust written up and after reading through this thread I'm thinking I might need to change the name of it. Does it matter if you name your trust "Trust Pinywoods" instead of "Pinywoods Trust"? I thought it was clever the other way now I'm second guessing my cleverness. Maybe I should change the name just to save myself the trouble later. I was planning on getting it notarized Monday.
View Quote

I cant say for sure but you may want to change it. Might not be worth it to have it kicked back for a silly reason, although someone did get a SBR stamp back with "zombies" for the reason he was building it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#32]
EFORMS.... down , anyone know for how long?
I need to file a form 1 for an SBR.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:31:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#34]

I just logged in no problem. Make sure you do a refresh, clear cache, whatever.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
EFORMS.... down , anyone know for how long?
I need to file a form 1 for an SBR.

I just logged in no problem. Make sure you do a refresh, clear cache, whatever.

Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:36:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Success.
SBR#2 in the works now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By mygreenkaw:
Success.
SBR#2 in the works now.
View Quote

Mine's been in the works for a month, rumor has it e-form trusts are taking 4 months
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#37]
I broke three months yesterday.

Do they e-mail you, send you a letter or what when it gets approved?

Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:11:27 PM EDT
[#39]

They're easily running 110-120 days right now.

Most of the time you'll get an email, but not always. There's nothing coming by mail. It may just be you log in one day and see it Approved...no idea why the email doesn't always come.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Currahee:
I broke three months yesterday.

Do they e-mail you, send you a letter or what when it gets approved?

They're easily running 110-120 days right now.

Most of the time you'll get an email, but not always. There's nothing coming by mail. It may just be you log in one day and see it Approved...no idea why the email doesn't always come.

So what do you keep with your NFA item?  Is there something to print out? No stamp?
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 3:18:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXBBQGuy] [#41]
Finally get everything together to send my first Form 1, get my user account created, try to log in to eForms and it's down. What a bummer

ETA: Came back up and got it sent in, made it all the way through including payment using Chrome with no issue, now I get to hurry up and wait
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#42]
I want the option to mount additional upper receivers on my SBR. When I'm filling in my form 1 eform should I list all the potential upper combinations I want to use? What if I put a 8.5" upper on an SBR registered with a 12.5" barrel?  Sorry, probably asked and answered, bear with me.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BigWaylon] [#43]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:47:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Thank you.
Much appreciated.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#45]

No. Just put the caliber/length of the one you'll put on the lower first. Doesn't matter how it's configured after it's made.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AKFuzzyDice:
I want the option to mount additional upper receivers on my SBR. When I'm filling in my form 1 eform should I list all the potential upper combinations I want to use? What if I put a 8.5" upper on an SBR registered with a 12.5" barrel?  Sorry, probably asked and answered, bear with me.

No. Just put the caliber/length of the one you'll put on the lower first. Doesn't matter how it's configured after it's made.

Here is what ATF mailed me finally:

Yes, additional configurations may be utilized with a registered SBR.  We recommend you direct a notification of the additional descriptions to the NFA Branch in writing to be associated with the file after approval.

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 11:53:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, after waiting 130 days just got rejected.  I believe I screwed up by adding multiple SBRs to the same application.  Why the hell would they allow multiple if it is going to get rejected.  Might have something else messed up but most everything looked good.

I haven't heard anything about a reason though.  No emails, no calls and no notes in the rejected e-forms.

Any way to rectify this situation without having to start all over?    Anyone I can call or email?

Thanks,

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:24:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:42:53 AM EDT
[#49]

There's not a note on the last page with a reason? Usually all by itself, and in a red font.

You can resubmit and send the old and new control numbers to Ted Clutter. You still have to pay again, but shouldn't have to wait much longer.

BTW...

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/E8403085-EDB2-4771-B49B-4866E80B1D05.png_zpsv5ertpym.jpeg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DigDug:
Well, after waiting 130 days just got rejected.  I believe I screwed up by adding multiple SBRs to the same application.  Why the hell would they allow multiple if it is going to get rejected.  Might have something else messed up but most everything looked good.

I haven't heard anything about a reason though.  No emails, no calls and no notes in the rejected e-forms.

Any way to rectify this situation without having to start all over?    Anyone I can call or email?

There's not a note on the last page with a reason? Usually all by itself, and in a red font.

You can resubmit and send the old and new control numbers to Ted Clutter. You still have to pay again, but shouldn't have to wait much longer.

BTW...

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/EFORMS/E8403085-EDB2-4771-B49B-4866E80B1D05.png_zpsv5ertpym.jpeg

Thanks for the info.  When submitting the form 1 originally months ago the above message was no where to be found.  I looked through all the pages of the application form and didn't see anything added, but I just tried to triple check and it looks like the site is down.  Can't log in at all now.

Is there a phone number or email address for Ted Clutter?  Otherwise I will just call Gary and find out what is up.

Thanks very much for your response!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 12:44:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: aircaptain9] [#50]
How long does it take for the submission to get a control number?  It's been two months and mine doesn't have one.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top