Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2014 11:10:47 PM EDT
Hello all. I have a few questions about getting my first suppressor. I PCS back to the states in June, so I have plenty of time and want to get everything lined up for when I return. I was talking to my friend yesterday, and she offered to buy one for me for Christmas. I have been browsing Silencer Shop for a while, and I think I'm set on the AAC ti-rant 9. Would like the S version, for looks, since it will be on a compact pistol(xdm 3.8). However, I don't feel the higher price/lower db reduction is justified for my first suppressor.

What would the best way of going about this be? It will be primarily for myself, but I will do a trust so she can use it, too. I will do the form 4 and pay for the stamp. Is she able to then buy me the suppressor for me? Would doing this separately over complicate the process? Is a cash gift, and buying it on my own the best option?

I am a Texas resident. It looks like I will be going back there, after my time in here Korea. Silencer Shop's ability to ship directly in Texas seems to make them the most convenient. There is a class 3 ffl near by, I will suggest that she visit them, and see what they recommend for this process.

I am open to suggestions on make/model of the suppressor. If anyone has experience with both the regular and short version of the ti-rant, I would love firsthand knowledge of how much of a difference is noticeable between the two.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
It doesn't matter who pays for the suppressor or tax stamp -- what matters is who is approved by the government on the Form 4.  If it were me, I would do what you mentioned -- get the money and pay for it myself, and then sign the 4473 when it is approved.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top